2 people are interested
Beat the heat in Sonora. Volunteer to help save lives.
ORGANIZATION: American Red Cross, Gold Country Region
Please visit the new page to apply.
2 people are interested
It’s likely someone you know has benefited from a blood transfusion. Someone in the US needs blood every two seconds. To meet this critical need, the American Red Cross is looking for friendly, customer-focused individuals to volunteer at the blood center in your community. Blood Donor Ambassador volunteers will provide help by:
- Greet donors, explain the donation process as necessary, assist with initial intake and hand offs through the blood donation process, and provide excellent customer service
- Provide customer service to donors in the Hospitality Area by ensuring that each donor is recognized for his/her/their contribution. Report possible adverse post-donation physical reactions to the collections staff.
- Set up and maintain cleanliness in Reception and Hospitality Areas, and Donor Areas/Beds as requested
Apply or learn more here https://rdcrss.org/3P15cRB
Location: Red Cross Blood Center in Sonora, CA
Hours: Work at least one 4-hour shift per month. Hours of operation are:
- Mon 11 am - 7 pm
- Tue 11 am - 7 pm
- Fri 7 am - 3 pm
- Sat 7 am - 3 pm
Please email Sherilyn.Bethoney@RedCross.org with any questions.
Thank you for your interest in serving the American Red Cross!
About American Red Cross, Gold Country Region
1565 Exposition Blvd, Sacramento, CA 95815, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors
Each day, thousands of people - people just like you - provide compassionate care to those in need. Our network of generous donors, volunteers and employees share a mission of preventing and relieving suffering, here at home and around the world.
We roll up our sleeves and donate time, money and blood. We learn or teach life-saving skills so our communities can be better prepared when the need arises. We do this every day because the Red Cross is needed - every day.
850 Sanguinetti RdSonora, CA 95370
October 19, 2022
- Office Reception
- Customer Service
- People Skills
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 16
- Orientation or Training
- One 4-6 - hour shift per month
- COVID vaccines are recommended but not required for those working virtually. Those working in shelters or who have unconfirmed vaccinations are required to wear masks.