DOG ADOPTION COORDINATOR
Animal Rescue of Tracy
Animal Rescue of Tracy (ART) is an all-volunteer 501c3 Rescue whose mission is to find homes for adoptable cats and dogs. We are looking for a Dog ADOPTION Coordinator to be a member of our Steering Committee and work closely with our Dog Foster Coordinator to accomplish our mission. The Dog ADOPTION Coordinator screens applicants and coordinates adoptions of dogs currently in the care of Animal Rescue of Tracy by:
- Work CLOSELY with Dog FOSTER Coordinator and President of Animal Rescue of Tracy.
- ART point of contact for people inquiring about adoptable dogs.
- Posting dogs available for adoption on PETFINDER.COM using pictures and bios from Fosters.
- Answering emails, phone calls and social media inquiries regarding adopting dogs.
- CLEARLY communicating Animal Rescue of Tracy expectations, process and standards to potential adopters.
- Once applications are received, review for completeness, review photos submitted, check references including Veterinarian offices and landlords (if any). This can also be done by other volunteers under the supervision of the Dog ADOPTION Coordinator.
- Share the top applications with a dog's FOSTER for their input.
- Once it's determined top one or two applicants, work closely with the Dog Foster Coordinator and FOSTER to set up "meet and greet" visits at the Rescue "storefront" in the West Valley Mall.
- If there is clearly a top applicant, arrange a home visit for possible adoption. If not more than one home visit might be necessary, especially if there is another animal in the home. THIS WILL ALL BE DONE BEING MINDFUL OF COVID19 RESTRICTIONS/PROTOCOLS.
- Once an adopter has been chosen, compete adoption paperwork, including "Puppy Agreement" if needed and give originals and adoption fee to Treasurer. If a "Puppy Agreement" is needed, copy of Agreement and Contract goes to the Medical Coordinator.
- Mark dogs as ADOPTED on PETFINDER.COM and in ART Infinity and Dropbox databases.
- Send "rejection" emails to those not chosen. This can be done early in the process for those who don't meet minimum qualifications and those in contention when they are ruled out.
- Follow-up with the Adopter if possible a few weeks after adoption. The Medical Coordinator will follow-up with those adopted with "Puppy Agreements", but Dog ADOPTION Coordinator can stay on top of this as well to insure legal requirement to spay/neuter is met within 6 months of age of dog.
- Attend scheduled ZOOM Meetings.
About Animal Rescue of Tracy
793 So. Tracy Blvd. #133, Tracy, CA 95376, US
Animal Rescue of Tracy is non-profit group of passionate volunteers trying to make a difference in the lives of abandoned animals throughout our community of Tracy, California. We have so many sweet and affectionate animals in our care that need a new home with a loving family. As a 100% donation and volunteer-dependent organization, there are so many ways you can help. We welcome you to explore our site to learn more about us, our adoptable pets, and how you can help. Here's to you, animal lover!
Dedicated to the rescue, nurturing and adoption of companion animals.
To rescue and nurture companion animals with the mission of finding them safe and happy adoptive homes. We strive to create community awareness of the importance of spaying and neutering to avoid overpopulation and reduce the community euthanasia rate.
A Brief History
Animal Rescue of Tracy was founded in 1994 to meet an increasing need for compassionate care for abandoned or mistreated pets. In 2002, Animal Rescue of Tracy became a full-fledged, independent, non-profit rescue. In our existence we have rescued, spayed/neutered, and found homes for more than 2,000 cats and dogs. We rescue animals from the local shelter and work with the public in select abandonment situations.
Awards and Recognition
2015 Best of the Best Adoption Agency, Tracy Press
2014 Best of the Best Adoption Agency, Tracy Press
Recipient of the 2007 Tracy Chamber of Commerce Community Award/Organization of the Year.