The Book Fairies
Under the direction of the Executive Director, this position is responsible for performing a variety of bookkeeping and accounting duties including financial record keeping and transactions. Current transactions include accounts payable, receivable and general ledger. The desired individual will have advanced experience with QuickBooks and experience working in the nonprofit setting. (Approx. 3-5 hrs/wk)
Primary duties will include assisting with:
- Cash receipts, including preparing journal entries and entering of cash receipts into the company’s financial system, Quickbooks Online. Organize and record cash, check and online donations to the organization
- Record cash disbursements. Ensures that all expenditures are appropriately categorized to accommodate year end reports
- Maintain and balance the general ledger in an accurate, complete, and up-to-date manner
- Assist with various financial reports and audits
- Reconciles bank accounts monthly
- Reconcile petty cash quarterly
- Prepare monthly financial statements, balance sheets, cash flow reports, budgets, budget-to-actuals and financial projections
- Coordinate with external tax accountants for tax return preparation
- Work with ED to ensure organization is on track to meet financial goals
- Tracking data for W9 retrieval and 1099 reporting at year-end
- Ability to manage multiple nuances between many tech platforms, Ie: QBO, Salesforce, Classy, Stripe, GoFundme, Facebook and more.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About The Book Fairies
70 North Main Street, Freeport, NY 11520, US
The Book Fairies is a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit organization that collects reading materials for people in need throughout metropolitan New York. The reading materials foster literacy and academic success, provide a respite from personal struggles, and nurture a love of reading across age groups.
The Book Fairies is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, that accepts donations of new and gently used books and matches them with libraries, schools, teachers and organizations in need in metropolitan New York that would not otherwise have the means to obtain them. The Book Fairies leverages a large network of volunteer special needs organizations for the collection, organization and distribution of books to local schools, teachers and other organizations in need. Since its founding in 2012, The Book Fairies has donated over 130,000 books to more than 25 school districts and over 100 organizations across Long Island and the greater NY Metropolitan area.