Client Service Assistant/Receptionist
DONATE TO THIS
689 people are interested
As a volunteer for the Navy-Marine Corps Relief Society, you will SERVE Sailors and Marines by helping them achieve financial self-sufficiency, CONNECT with your local military community, and ADVANCE your resume and build valuable work experience.
The Client Services Assistant (CSA) is often the client's first impression of the Society. It is important that they portray NMCRS as a professional, friendly, and efficient organization. As a CSA you will have the opportunity to be a beacon of hope for a military family member.
- Greet clients courteously
- Manage incoming phone calls and answer general questions
- Schedule appointments
- Assist clients in determining paperwork needed for interviews
- Check clients in for appointments.
- Assist clients with Quick Assist Loans
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to learn NMCRS software and scheduling system
- Ability to present a professional, friendly, and objective appearance to clients
- Ability to distinguish time sensitive situations
- Ability to remain welcoming in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to listen and communicate
- Desire to serve others with consistency, compassion, and a non-judgmental demeanor
- Training is done in house; no prior experience necessary, and knowledge of the military is not required
We are looking for volunteers who are able to commit at least one four hour shift per week. Shifts are from 8am-12pm or 12pm-4pm, Monday thru Friday. We are able to offer childcare and mileage reimbursements while you volunteer. Contact us today to learn more about our great opportunities to build your resume, meet new people, have fun, feel appreciated, and give back to the community!
(After you click that you are interested you will get an e-mail from VolunteerMatch with a link to fill out our internal application. Please follow that link and complete your application. Someone will get in contact with you soon.)
We'll work with your schedule.
Naval Base San Diego3115 Dolphin AlleyBldg 270San Diego, CA 92101
- Administrative Support
- Office Reception
- Basic Computer Skills
- Data Entry
- People 55+
- Background Check
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- Minimum of 4 hours per week; 16 hours max.
- Our office is on a Naval Base; a background check is required to gain base access.