Direct Aid Intake Coordinator
TRANS EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
We are looking for an Intake Coordinator for our inTRANSition program, which provides direct aid and third-party resources to transgender folks in crisis. This person will act as a liaison between the clients and the organization, ensuring that clients receive aid and/or third-party resources as needed. *Queer and trans people of color are strongly invited to apply for this volunteer position*
Responsibilities will include:
- Connecting with clients who reach out through our assistance application to assess their needs and how to meet them.
- Working to fulfill requests, either by providing direct aid or sharing third-party resources.
- Create, maintain, and keep documentation related to actions taken as part of the intake process, including maintaining the client database, generating reports, and maintaining correspondence.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well with people, including people who may be in crisis.
- Ability to understand project goals and objectives
- Strong computer skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail
*NOTE: Please don't feel overwhelmed by this description. If you want to volunteer but don't know if you have the skills needed, apply anyway. We are an entirely volunteer-led organization and we are always willing to help train volunteers on new technology, software, and other aspects of non-profit work. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to add new skills to their resume!
About TRANS EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
P.O. Box 11866, KNOXVILLE, TN 37939, US
The mission of Trans Empowerment Project is to elevate trans and gender non-conforming communities, particularly trans people of color, out of crisis and into empowerment through action, advocacy, and resource-building.
Founded in 2016 by an Afro-Latinx trans man, Trans Empowerment Project has helped over 1200 trans and gender non-conforming people connect with the resources they need. We provide a wide range of programs and services to folks in these communities, with a particular focus on trans people of color, and we have continued to expand to address new problems as they arise.
Our programs and services include:
We welcome all volunteers, trans and cisgender, and we would love to have YOU as part of our team.
- inTRANSitions - emergency response program that can help clients with food, clothing, HRT assistance, or transportation away from abusive/non-affirming situations. This is usually accomplished within 24 hours of the client's first contact.
- Trans Employment Project - program that aims to connect trans job seekers with inclusive employers. We help clients put together resumes, prepare for interviews, and connect with potential employers. We also work with companies to help them craft more inclusive non-discrimination policies.
- Help for Allied Loved Ones (H.A.L.O) - a program designed to provide support and education to folks who want to be a better ally to a trans or gender non-conforming loved one.
- Inmate Advocacy - this program works with incarcerated trans folks to ensure they have access to our resources.