Non-profit volunteer opportunity -Email Newsletters Specialist
PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
Title: Email Newsletters Specialist - Non-profit volunteer opportunity
Estimated Hours/Week: 5-8+ hours/week
Expected Commitment: 3+ months
About Pandemic Professors:
Pandemic Professors is a nonprofit organization that offers free tutoring and mentorship to underserved students in low-income communities. The service was created to bridge the education gap caused by e-learning and the pandemic. We are a 100% volunteer- run organization and we do not have any paid positions.
If you are interested, please apply directly here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSclAim-01fJDN9A0qzja1ZAoGC-GS8jo6lKLLGHvQiMixV1eA/viewform
- Manage the process of the organization’s monthly newsletter, Pandemic Professors Monthly.
- Lead and manage a team of interns through delegation of tasks.
- Ensure that monthly newsletters are organized, detailed, exciting, and accurate to the tone of the organization.
- Work closely with copywriters and copy editors during development.
- Collaborate with other departments and teams for marketing and promotion needs.
- Suggest possible areas of improvement to further improve newsletters.
- Represent the organization accurately in external communications.
- Report to the head of communications.
- Excellent media and communication skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Desire to grow to be a strong manager who can lead a team to group and individual success
- English, Journalism, Marketing, Communications, or experience with Digital Marketing is a plus.
- Experience working with nonprofits is a plus.
- Experience working with students and parents or experience tutoring is a plus.
About PANDEMIC PROFESSORS, INC.
512 W 156th St., Apt 22, New York City, NY 10032, US
The mission of Pandemic Professors is to facilitate free tutoring to children in low-income communities impacted by the pandemic.
At Pandemic Professors, we believe all K-12 students deserve an opportunity to receive free supplemental learning through private tutoring, in order to help them remain on track and meet their educational goals. Our organization was founded to match underserved students across the United States with free online tutors to more safely help during this unprecedented crisis and beyond.
Historically, students in underserved communities are at greater risk of falling behind in academics and socio-emotional skills. Much like Hurricane Katrina, the COVID-19 crisis is exacerbating the plethora of academic and personal challenges these students already face. Our organization presents students in low-income communities with opportunities to strengthen subject comprehension and boost confidence. The needs, strengths, and voices of the impacted students drive our family-centered philosophy and evidence-based practices.
Together with our partners, Pandemic Professors combats adverse effects on learning resulting from the pandemic and exacerbated by poverty. Students in underserved communities don’t lack a hunger for knowledge, they lack the means to access quality tutoring. Pandemic Professors provides effective tools for students to complete their K-12 education, and we will continue to work with our students after the pandemic until the educational gap is resolved. We sincerely hope you consider joining us in the fight to improve the lives of students adversely affected by poverty and the pandemic.