Email Program Manager
TRANS EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
We are looking for someone to help us with our email strategy, including writing copy, managing our email database, compiling a weekly newsletter, and more. This person will work closely with the managers of our other programs so that they can compile relevant email content to send to our supporters. *Queer and trans people of color are highly encouraged to apply for this position*
Responsibilities will include:
- Work closely with comms, fundraising, and program managers to craft relevant and engaging email and newsletter content that speaks to our work and mission.
- Help design and implement direct email campaigns. This includes (but is not limited to) developing copy and engaging subject lines, simple graphic design, and more.
- Manage and report on the success of email campaigns and results; use results to make suggestions for improvements and establish best practices.
- Ensure consistent, accurate, and error-free communication with supporters and donors to build loyal relationships and minimize unsubscribes.
- Work with Communications Director and other leadership to determine program goals and how to work towards them.
- Strong communication skills - written and oral
- Detail-oriented and organized
- Ability to work in a remote team setting
Please don't feel overwhelmed by this description. We are an entirely volunteer-led organization and we are always willing to help train volunteers on new technology, software, and other aspects of non-profit work. This is a great opportunity for anyone looking to add new skills to their resume!
About TRANS EMPOWERMENT PROJECT
P.O. Box 11866, KNOXVILLE, TN 37939, US
The mission of Trans Empowerment Project is to elevate trans and gender non-conforming communities, particularly trans people of color, out of crisis and into empowerment through action, advocacy, and resource-building.
Founded in 2016 by an Afro-Latinx trans man, Trans Empowerment Project has helped over 1200 trans and gender non-conforming people connect with the resources they need. We provide a wide range of programs and services to folks in these communities, with a particular focus on trans people of color, and we have continued to expand to address new problems as they arise.
Our programs and services include:
We welcome all volunteers, trans and cisgender, and we would love to have YOU as part of our team.
- inTRANSitions - emergency response program that can help clients with food, clothing, HRT assistance, or transportation away from abusive/non-affirming situations. This is usually accomplished within 24 hours of the client's first contact.
- Trans Employment Project - program that aims to connect trans job seekers with inclusive employers. We help clients put together resumes, prepare for interviews, and connect with potential employers. We also work with companies to help them craft more inclusive non-discrimination policies.
- Help for Allied Loved Ones (H.A.L.O) - a program designed to provide support and education to folks who want to be a better ally to a trans or gender non-conforming loved one.
- Inmate Advocacy - this program works with incarcerated trans folks to ensure they have access to our resources.