Community Social Work Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
Please visit the new page to apply.
CCWF is a 501c3 Public Charity that works with Schools, Early Childhood & Childcare Centers, Mental Health and Health Providers, Community Organizations, Child Advocacy Centers, Residential / Domestic Violence Facilities, Housing Authorities, Jails/Juvenile Detention Centers, and Universities to provide (1) Professional Education/ Training; (2) Parenting/Child Development including Weekly 'Empathy-based Parenting & Family Relationship" Learning Groups/Children’s Programs, Parenting Workshops; and (3) Youth Development Programs.
Reports to: Education Manager (in part to Executive Director)
Position Classification: Exempt
Essential Job Functions: Employee shall perform for the benefit of Employer the following Services:
- Support Executive Director and Education Manager with Education Program activities. Includes Social Media related to Public Education including Social Media and Marketing.
- Support "Best Start for Families" program-related educational information, including Reports and Contact information.
- Support ICDP educational resources (print and electronic materials) inventory and production, including translation or interpretation services.
- Assist with Educational & Resource Materials Development: Videos, Photos, Handouts, and Publications.
- Support ICDP Programs, Training, and Educational event implementation with promotion, communications, attendance, and logistical preparation, reporting, and information dissemination.
- Coordinate ICDP-USA Children’s Program: Children’s Books, Activities, Resources for multi-age levels.
- Become a trained Facilitator/Coach of
- "ICDP: The Best Start" Parenting Group;
- Children’s Program Facilitator;
- "Best Start-All About YOUth" Program.
- Support the Education Manager with the internal ICDP-USA Evaluation Function.
- Support Evaluation Process for Institutional Partners & Contractors,
- Co-Administrate Evaluations to Support Facilitators.
- Support collect and management of completed forms in SPSS Database.
- Manage ICDP-USA Accreditation & Certification Processes & Opportunities
- NASW, CPDU, Early Childhood Certification and Early Intervention process (for Facilitator Workshops)
- Explore additional Certification Opportunities with Accreditation/Certification Bodies.
10) Work with Executive Director & Education Manager to coordinate special contracts, invoicing and reporting, such as with:
- Department of Child and Family Services (DCFS) - future DHS;
- Chicago Public Schools
- Illinois Department of Public Health or other potential partners
11) Responsible for conducting and overseeing home-based services as needed. Virtual support may be used in substitute for in-person services, and will be determined on a case by case basis.
12) Recruit and Supervise MSW Students from area universities as important Intern resources
13) Support General CCWF events, including Fundraising event-related activities.
14) Work priorities as delegated, including intern supervision.
Other Job Duties : This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Therefore, the employee may be requested to perform other reasonable related duties as assigned by the immediate supervisor and other management as required. It is also understood that the company reserves the right to change work schedules as required, including overtime.
Education : University Graduate (Education, Psychology, Social Work, Health or related areas). Master’s Degree preferred. Bilingual preferred.
Experience : At least 5 years of working experience, in an educational institution or nonprofit agency- with experience working with parents/children in diverse communities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English skills, Spanish language preferred)
- Strong command of technology: Mac/PC including Word/Pages, Excel/Numbers, PowerPoint/
- Keynote, Web Management, Google Docs, DropBox, SPSS, Adobe In-Design
- Flexible attitude, a respectful, enthusiastic advocate who is eager to learn new things
- Ability to work well both independently as a part of the team; a supportive attitude of others - interested in building positive community
- High attention to detail and strengths with policies, procedures, and detailed documentation
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks
- Comfortable working with diverse populations - celebrating inclusion and supportive relationship
Additional Requirements: Must have a valid driver’s license and adequate vehicle insurance coverage.
Job Type: Full Time
May work from home one or two days a week.
Salary Range: $40-43,000 (Salary dependent on experience and time commitment)
Start Date: 06/7/2021
Application Deadline: 04/30/2021
HOW TO APPLY:
- Please submit your cover letter, resume, references, and the answers to the questions below: email@example.com ; firstname.lastname@example.org ; email@example.com
- If you speak Spanish, what is your level of fluency- spoken? written?
- Are you looking for a part-time or full-time job?
- Do you have experience in educational institutions or nonprofit agencies- with experience working with parents/children? How many years?
- What is your availability? Will you be able to start work on June 3rd?
- How does this position fit in with your long-term goals? Would you be able to make at least a 2-year commitment?
- Are you willing to sometimes work evenings or weekend hours for special events?
- Are you open to supporting programs in diverse areas - including travel to inner-city communities? To work within Juvenile Detention or Jail settings?
- Are you able to handle stressful situations, such as tight deadlines, or when something goes wrong at a fundraiser?
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Changing Children's Worlds Foundation
411 Steven St., Geneva, IL 60134, US
CCWF's vision is for every child and adolescent to have a strong network of caregivers engaged in supporting their positive development in nonviolent families and peaceful communities.
CCWF strives to improve children's worlds through awareness raising, education, and training throughout communities worldwide. Through our educational programs we address a universal need for all families to understand their child's needs and to give caregivers the confidence that they can support their child's development. We provide the foundation for participants in our program to give their children more positive life opportunities and experiences than they themselves had. CCWF strives to reduce the incidences of violence, maltreatment, and neglect through strengthening the capacity of parents, caregivers, and communities to care for children's health and emotional well-being.
411 Stevens St.Geneva, IL 60134
September 11, 2023
- Background Check