Community Advocates for Family & Youth,Inc,
The Billing Clerk will gather data, calculate charges and fees, and create invoices for billing purposes.Supervisory Responsibilities:
- Calculates costs for goods, services, and delivery/shipment of goods.
- Verifies accuracy of billing data, correcting any errors.
- Creates itemized statements, bills, invoices, and other necessary billing documents, which may require calculation of credit terms, shipping charges, discounts, and costs of goods.
- Records amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Performs general bookkeeping work, which may include entering data and maintaining records, invoices, and supporting documents of amounts due for items purchased or services rendered.
- Generates shipping labels and billing documents.
- Contacts customers to obtain, verify, and update account information when necessary.
- Performs other related duties, as assigned.
- Basic understanding of clerical and administrative procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to solve problems as they arise.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite or similar software.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate degree or vocational school training preferred.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at a time.
About Community Advocates for Family & Youth,Inc,
9201 Basil Court, Suite 160, Upper Marlboro, MD 20774, US
Educate, Embrace and Empower those harmed, affected, or impacted by crime on their journey to justice and healing.
CAFY is a victims' services agency in Prince George's County. Our Advocates, Counselors and Intake Specialists help victims reduce trauma, hold offenders accountable, and stabilize their lives after crime