NHQ:IT - Enterprise Web Services - Code4Good Volunteer - Salesforce Developer
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team.
The American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission. The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts. This is a remote volunteer-from-home opportunity, with virtual teams collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc.
The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
- Meeting with project manager to determine CRM needs
- Developing customized solutions with the Salesforce platform
- Designing, coding, and implementing Salesforce applications
- Creating timelines and development goals
- Testing the stability and functionality of the application
- Troubleshooting and fixing issues
- Work with technical writing/training resources to provide content needed for Salesforce staff
3-5 hours per week
- 2+ years’ professional experience in related role
- Experience developing customer-facing interfaces
- Advanced knowledge of Salesforce CRM platforms
- Good communication skills
- Ability to troubleshoot high-level software and application issues
- Access to cell phone, computer and reliable internet
- Resume required
- Product delivery within an agile methodology framework
- Git, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, or similar collaboration tools
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.