NHQ:IT - Enterprise Web Services - Code4Good Volunteer - Power Platform Developer
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team.
The American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission. The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts. This is a remote volunteer-from-home opportunity, with virtual teams collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc.
- Design, develop, and implement business intelligence applications, reports, and dashboards utilizing PowerApps, Power Automate, and Power BI, including applications and user interface design, database design, security control setup, documentation, and implementation in Office 365 environment.
- Develop PowerApps integrated with data sources in the SharePoint and/or DataVerse, both stand-alone and embedded with Power BI.
- Design, code, and implement scalable applications.
- Test and debug code.
- Troubleshoot software issues.
- Follow standard operations and procedures.
3-5 hours per week
- 2+ years’ experience developing Power Apps and Power Automate flows that utilize SharePoint or the CDS/DataVerse
- Proficient at building apps using MS Power Apps
- Proficient at building flows using MS Power Automate
- Able to take requirements and build/deliver finished application
- Access to cell phone, computer and reliable internet Resume required
- Resume required
- 2 years or more years of professional experience using the Power Application environment
- Product delivery within an agile methodology framework
- Git, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, or similar collaboration tools
- Knowledge of Application Lifecycle Management (ALM)
- Writing, recording and executing the test cases for Power Apps
- Working Power BI knowledge
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.