NHQ:IT - Enterprise Web Services - Code4Good Volunteer - Full-stack Developer
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team.
The American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission. The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts. This is a remote volunteer-from-home opportunity, with virtual teams collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc.
The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
3-5 hours per week
- 2+ years total experience developing web applications for content management, digital commerce or high-volume transactional platform
- At least one major distributed/cloud web-based development project using a recent Java and web front end platform, including production support
- Strong NPM front-end tool chain skills
- Strong Git and Gitflow skills
- Experience with Jenkins or other CI automation tools
- Comfortable using OS command line
- Access to cell phone, computer and reliable internet Resume required
- Experience with more than one modern software development language/platform
- Experience with Docker
- Experience with core AWS services (EC2, VPC, ECS, CloudFormation)
- Experience with MySQL or other relational databases
- Experience working within the Adobe Experience Manager framework, including end-user and authoring concepts like templates, components, page properties, blueprints, and AEM Sites
- Experience with Git, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, or similar collaboration tools
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.