NHQ:IT - Enterprise Web Services - Code4Good Volunteer - Data Warehouse Architect
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team.
The American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission. The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts. This is a remote volunteer-from-home opportunity, with virtual teams collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc.
The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
- Focus on enterprise-wide data modeling and database design
- Create logical and physical data models, mapping logical to physical
- Design, develop, test, and validate data warehouse activity, including data extraction, transformation, movement, loading, cleansing and updating processes
3-5 hours per week
- At least 2 years of professional experience in related role
- Data visualization and data migration
- RDBMS (relational database management system) or foundational database skills
- Database management system software
- Access to a cell phone, computer and reliable internet
- Resume required
- MS Azure, AWS, Teradata, Informatica
- Applied math and statistics
- Product delivery within an agile methodology framework
- Git, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, or similar collaboration tools
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.