NHQ:IT - Enterprise Web Services - Code4Good Volunteer - Business Analyst
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team.
The American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission. The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts. This is a remote volunteer-from-home opportunity, with virtual teams collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc.
The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
- Gather requirements from the stakeholders.
- Develop and manage functional and nonfunctional requirements (user stories, wireframes, or UML diagrams).
- Break down the requirements and input the tasks in Jira.
- Follow Agile methodologies.
- Facilitate requirements prioritization.
- Collaborate to determine success / acceptance criteria.
- Serve as a resource to project managers as needed and time permits.
3-5 hours per week
- 2+ years’ experience in related role
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Great analytical, critical thinking and problem-solving abilities
- Superior presentation and negotiation skills
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments
- Understanding of organizational data flow and its use in management decision-making
- Proven management and organizational skills
- Access to cell phone and reliable internet
- Resume required
- Product delivery within an agile methodology framework
- Git, Atlassian Jira, Atlassian Confluence, Slack, or similar collaboration tools
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.