Volunteer Workshop Leaders
SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
About The Role: Safe Place International is looking for highly motivated, inspiring, and experienced individuals to deliver workshops for our community members.
The ideal candidates will possess a strong understanding of or passion for the context we work in.
- Use appropriate teaching methods to respond to varying student learning styles
- Provide appropriate means to assess student progress and provide timely feedback
- Create new materials, including audio and visual resources
- Motivate students
- English fluency required
- Creative skills and ideas for planning a workshop
- Ability to work in a multicultural, multi-ethnic, multi-level classroom
- Demonstrated commitment to student learning
- Great communication skills
- Cultural sensitivity, tolerance, and patience
- Experience delivering educational activities to vulnerable populations is a strong advantage
- Interested and aligned with SPI’s mission
In your application, please let us know which category you would like to offer:
- Self Defense
- Cultural Dinners
- Jewelry Making
- Face Painting
- Movie Nights
- Karaoke Nights
- Story Telling
- Making toys
- Self Care Day
- Acting classes
About SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
To Be Informed, Mill Valley, CA 94941, US
SafePlace International’s primary mission is to provide food, clothing, shelter, and emotional support in a context of safety and protection for doubly-marginalized communities while creating a larger framework of inclusivity with clear pathways toward individual sustainability and self-actualization.
Safe Place International's primary mission is to support the dignity and self-actualization of the most marginalized members of the global refugee community. We seek to significantly improve the opportunities, individual, and collective life experiences of these community members. We support this mission through direct aid and advocacy initiatives, specifically supporting members of the LGBTQIA+ community, survivors of GBV, and single/pregnant women.