Contact Center Internship(volunteer/unpaid)
GOODWILL OF THE FINGER LAKES INC
The Contact Center Intern will directly assist the Contact Center Training Specialist with a wide range of projects related to daily operations. This internship is designed to be both practical and educational. In this position, the intern will have many opportunities to learn about the various business practices and roles associated with the Goodwill of the Finger Lakes Contact Center.
This is an unpaid internship position that will take place in-person at the Goodwill of the Finger Lakes Main Campus .
INTERNSHIP ASSIGNMENT INCLUDES:
- Work with Quality Assurance Team to attain serviceability improvement and process enhancements
- Assist Training Specialist in preparing staff trainings through research and creation of lesson templates
- Create training materials such as PowerPoint slide presentations
- Process customer orders and initiate order requisitions
- Address customer issues, assuring that contract service levels and objectives are met
- Be comfortable and confident making outbound calls
- Greet callers, establish rapport, and project professional tone within established service standards
- Schedule and place follow-up calls/emails in response to customer inquiries
- Complete fulfillment and distribution of customer materials and documents
- Adheres to the policies and procedures of Goodwill of the Finger Lakes as illustrated in the Guide for Non-Employees
- Must maintain confidentiality of sensitive information, and adhere to state and federal regulations regarding confidentiality and privacy
- Be accepting, understanding, and non-judgmental or discriminatory
- Must attend and participate in all training activities and programs
- Report volunteer hours on a consistent basis to Good Neighbor Department Director
- Exhibit effective and professional interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and work independently
- Displays strong organizational skills
- Has strong computer skills with demonstrated competency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Willing to be flexible and adapt to change
- Ability to understand and embrace cultural diversity is required
- Ability to perform duties with or without reasonable accommodations
About GOODWILL OF THE FINGER LAKES INC
422 S CLINTON AVE, ROCHESTER, NY 14620, US
Our mission is to prepare and empower people with barriers to independence to be self-sufficient and contribute to their families and communities.
We are a caring, person-centered not-for-profit organization that does a lot of good in the communities we serve. Our social enterprise model takes an innovative approach to create job opportunities for people with barriers to employment while generating revenue to support our mission programs and services.
Headquartered in Rochester, NY Goodwill of the Finger Lakes along with The Association for the Blind and Visually Impaired (ABVI) and 2-1-1/LIFE LINE have a very long and successful history. We are a dynamic team comprised of over 700 individuals that use our passion and expertise to find innovative solutions to address pressing social needs. Each year we positively impact the lives of over 150,000 people.
Our doors are always open to welcome anyone who needs our services or those who are curious to learn more about our purpose and impact. We love our volunteers and want your experience to be a fulfilling and rewarding one!