Cincinnati Veteran's Affairs Hospital
- Transport patients to and from appointments. Patients may be ambulatory, in a wheelchair or on a stretcher.
- Pick up prescription requests from the wards and deliver to Outpatient Pharmacy.
- Pick up specimens sealed in a biohazard plastic bag from patient areas or units and deliver to Pathology and Laboratory Medicine Service.
- Escort patients from Admission/Emergency Room to the designated unit or area. Take all pertinent papers, records &/or x-rays with the patient.
- Pick up & deliver x-rays within the Medical Center.
- Pick up & deliver supplies and equipment within the Medical Center.
- Pick up & deliver consultations and administrative documents throughout the Medical Center.
- Take messages accurately and relay verbal messages accurately.
- Record messages on Escort Daily Log Sheets accurately.
About Cincinnati Veteran's Affairs Hospital
3200 Vine Street, Cincinnati, OH 45220, US
To facilitate the strategic integration of volunteers, donations, and community partners for the purpose of enhancing care and benefits for America’s Veterans.
Since 1946, the Office of Voluntary Service within the Department of Veterans Affairs has leveraged the resources of individuals and organizations across the country to supplement the care and services of America’s Veterans. Within the Veterans Healthcare Administration (VHA), the strategic integration of volunteers, donations and strong community partnerships has helped to build a culture of caring throughout its facilities.