1 person is interested
Program Director - Youth Leadership & Development
1 person is interested
Program Director is responsible for researching, planning, developing and implementing the organization’s youth programs.
- Train and be a motivating mentor to staff.
- Lead large group discussions to answer questions and remedy complaints.
- Create and nurture effective communication within the organization.
- Build a strong team through open communication and by collaborating on decision-making responsibilities.
- Initiate and set goals for programs based on the organization's strategic objectives.
- Plan programs from start to finish, including identifying processes, deadlines and milestones.
- Develop and approve operations and budgets.
- Maintain excellent record-keeping in the form of participant files, reports, documented coursework, student attendance, etc.
Program Director has a variety of skills and qualifications that allow them to manage their responsibilities effectively, which can include:
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Strategic mindset
- Ability to multitask
- Problem-solving skills
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated interest, familiarity or direct work experience with the youth of the community.
- Able to communicate with a culturally diverse group.
- Excellent, verifiable work and/or scholastic history with related references.
- Must pass Child Abuse and Neglect Tracking System inquiry.
Bachelor’s Degree or extensive training or workplace experience directly related to youth-oriented programs and services.
About AWOFINC - A Work of Faith Ministries, Inc.
Human Resources Development & Training, Chicago, IL 60649, US
The mission of AWOFINC is to significantly reduce illiteracy, unemployment, youth gang activity, drug and alcohol abuse, violence and homelessness by developing happy purposeful people committed to giving something back to the community.
AWOFINC is a community initiative that is designed to meet the needs of families who do not have the resources that are to attain the supplemental educational services that are needed to enhance the possibility of success for their children. For over two decades AWOFINC has addressed the critical educational, financial, and social needs of the families in Illinois.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
September 8, 2021
- General Education
- Youth Services
- Program Management
- Child Development
- Project Management
- Background Check
- Must be at least 25
- 5-10 Hours Per Week
- Orientation and Training - ECE background preferred