DONATE TO THIS
17 people are interested
Social Media Manager
Please visit the new page to apply.
DONATE TO THIS
17 people are interested
Social Media Manager - DemocracyLab - Job Description
DemocracyLab helps tech for good projects launch innovative solutions by connecting skilled volunteers to projects that need them. We are open to projects from individuals, community organizations, non-profits, social purpose companies and government agencies. Our platform helps volunteers give back and develop new skills, while accelerating the evolution of new technologies that empower citizens and help institutions become more accessible, accountable, and efficient. DemocracyLab is optimizing the connection between tech-centric volunteers and tech-for-good projects.
About The Role
We are looking for a Social Media Manager to oversee, execute and measure DemocracyLab’s social media strategy, grow our social media presence and own the day-to-day operations of our social channels (currently Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Facebook)
Reporting to the Director of Marketing, you’ll join a highly-collaborative team focused on developing and shaping our digital presence. You will play a meaningful role in setting and driving the social media strategies for the DemocracyLab brand, campaigns, and events.
Our ideal candidate lives and breathes social media. They understand the strengths and weaknesses on each platform, what content performs well, and how to take people from followers to engaged community members. The role requires an understanding of social media strategy, content marketing, community management, data-driven copywriting, and digital marketing.
This candidate is committed to understanding and articulating our mission and programs to our main audiences and is excited to learn about the tech for good space. In a given week, you will write social copy, plan out an editorial calendar, and use data to optimize our strategy to drive brand awareness and engage our community.
- Oversee DemocracyLab’s public social media platforms, with a focus on growth and engagement
- Manage, develop, and execute strategy (copy, cadence, planning) for digital initiatives informed by DemocracyLab’s mission and goals.
- Monitor performance of our social programs, ensuring metrics map to key marketing, product, and organizational objectives.
- Engage with follow-up conversations and questions from the community
- Craft content in many formats across many channels, directed to both technical and non-technical audiences. You’ll help ensure what we share on social resonates with the audiences we’re trying to reach.
- Define, manage, and report key trends and metrics so you’re making informed decisions.
- Identify opportunities from emerging platforms.
- Strategize how to use our community for feedback when applicable
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2-3 years experience as a community manager or social media manager with an emphasis on growing and engaging digital audiences
- Experience with day-to-day oversight of a brand’s Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube and LinkedIn channels
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. We’re looking for someone who can write and edit with little guidance
- Loves to be creative, has a strong creative design eye, and experiments with new content and tactics to make content feel unique
- You’re not afraid to speak your mind and feel comfortable in an honest, transparent, diverse and collaborative culture
- A desire to move the tech for good cause forward
See here for more specifics about what the Social Media Manager role entails:
9 More opportunities with DemocracyLab
Seattle, SEATTLE, WA 98101, US
Empower people who use technology to advance the public good.
DemocracyLab seeks to empower anyone with the privileges of time and talent to become change agents. Our platform and programs connect tech-for-good projects with skilled volunteers and socially responsible companies.
Our platform and programs are designed to:
- Help tech-for-good projects launch
- Give volunteers opportunities to advance their careers
- Partner with companies to build cultures of purpose
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
March 14, 2023
- Market Research / Analysis
- Social Media / Blogging
- Length of Appointment: We request that a volunteer be comfortable committing a minimum of 3 months to this position. Time Commitment: We request that a volunteer be willing to commit a minimum of 3-5 hours per week to this position.