Director of Philanthropy and Development
INTERTWINED CONSERVATION CORPORATION
The Philanthropy Director will be responsible for planning, managing, and executing a comprehensive, diversified, and strategic advancement and communications effort that sustains and grows revenues from all constituents, including; individual donors, corporate and foundation giving, planned giving, and special events.
Oversee and manage the Development Committee and the development team. Work alongside the Executive Director (ED) and to develop, lead, and implement Intertwined Conservation Corps annual and long-term development strategies, continuing to chart the organization’s course in fund development while ensuring that efforts are carried out in keeping with the organization’s values, mission, vision, and plans.
- Recruit and maintain Development/Fundraising volunteers.
-Identify new and current individual, foundation, and corporate donors.
-Develop and implement strategies for major individual gift solicitations and capital campaigns.
-Qualify, cultivate, solicit, and steward new and current donors in all areas.
-Assist with Board Recruitment.
-Maintain an up-to-date database.
-Develop and maintain a clear and compelling evidence-based case for support.
-Recruit, develop, and motivate a strong development team.
-Collaborate with the full team, including Leadership and Marketing/Communications, to ensure consistent messaging across digital platforms as well as through special events and exhibitions.
-Maintain a working knowledge of significant developments, trends, and best practices in philanthropy relevant to Intertwined Conservation Corp.
The ideal candidate will have exceptional financial, organizational, administrative, and people skills. Experience includes:
1) a proven record of success in senior development leadership positions with major gift and campaign fundraising from individuals, corporations, and foundations;
2) broad-based knowledge of all functions of development, including the use of databases, knowledge of volunteer-driven organizations, and major giving techniques;
3) experience planning and executing department budgets and evaluating the return on investment of specific fundraising programs;
4) demonstrated ability to plan and operate strategically, build public support, strengthen infrastructure, inspire staff and the Board of Directors, and develop effective programs that garner major investment opportunities such as a capital campaign, endowment, or other capacity-building initiatives.
About INTERTWINED CONSERVATION CORPORATION
P.O. Box 619, ESCONDIDO, CA 92033, US
Organized for the protection and preservation of endangered species.
Intertwined Conservation Corporation (ICC) is a 501(c)(3) tax exempt, not for profit. Working closely with local conservation organizations for the protection and preservation of endangered and threatened species in Costa Rica. Using the Scarlet Macaw as our flagship species we are educating locals about the importance of their protection and working with them to monitor local wild populations.
We are a non-profit working to preserve wildlife and wild places in Costa Rica by supporting parrot conservation through education, rescue, and reintroduction. Our flagship species, the locally endangered scarlet macaw, is important to the biodiversity and sustainability of the rainforest as it disperses seeds for many of the most important trees. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that endangered species and their habitats will be around for future generations.