Donations Team Volunteer
Get Us PPE, Inc.
Get Us PPE’s mission is simple: We get donated PPE to those who need it most. We are the largest national nonprofit getting PPE to healthcare and other essential workers, free of charge. To request PPE donations, frontline workers register their PPE needs on our site. This information has allowed us to amass the most comprehensive nongovernmental database of PPE shortages in the United States.
As a Donations Team volunteer, you will help us deliver upon our mission by developing collaborations with facilities and organizations that serve high-risk populations and provide rapid response to large PPE donations. Examples of our populations of focus include homeless communities, undocumented communities, group homes, and long-term care facilities.
We are currently seeking volunteers who are willing and committed to work on one of the following teams: Black Health, Latinx Health, Undocumented Health, and Indigenous Health.
In a typical week, you might...
- Research and contact facilities and/or organizations that serve your population of focus to:
- Assess their current PPE needs
- Discuss potential collaborations
- Foster ongoing relationships with organizations
- Communicate with recurring donors about the recipients of their donations
- Provide rapid response support for the Fulfillment Team when they need support allocating large donations, including conducting outreach to new, potential recipients and leveraging current relationships with facilities.
- Collaborate with regional affiliates, Development & Communications team, and Fulfillment team to support targeted outreach to facilities serving your population of focus
- Attend weekly team meeting and communicate progress to team leads
To be successful at this role on your first day, you will need:
- Excellent communication skills (via phone, email, virtual conferencing platforms, and instant messaging platforms)
- Excellent attention to detail and organization skills, especially with large volumes of information and data
- Ability to operate a computer and applications, such as Google Sheets, Microsoft Word, and Excel
- 4-10 hours to commit per week
Any of the following might help you feel more successful:
- Experience in a call center (or similar) setting
- Experience in customer relations or client-facing roles
How to Apply
To apply, visit our website and fill out the volunteer application form .
About Get Us PPE, Inc.
Remote, Washington DC, DC 20009, US
We get donated PPE to those who need it most.
Get Us PPE is the largest national organization getting personal protective equipment (PPE such as masks, gloves, and isolation gowns) to frontline workers who need it most. As a nonprofit, we obtain PPE via donations and makers, then deliver it to under-resourced facilities at no cost to them. Fair and equitable distribution is vital to our mission.
Get Us PPE was founded by emergency physicians in late March 2020 in response to urgent PPE shortages. Within days, our team of 200+ volunteers from across the country came together to help. Our website has logged thousands of PPE requests from all 50 states, and we have delivered millions of units of PPE to nursing homes, hospitals, rural healthcare facilities, small clinics, homeless shelters, and indigenous communities.
As our nation’s PPE shortage evolves, we evolve our organization to also provide for schools, those impacted by natural disasters, and others in the midst of the PPE crisis.