PPE Donor Project Lead
Get Us PPE, Inc.
Get Us PPE’s mission is simple: We get donated PPE to those who need it most. We are the largest national nonprofit getting PPE to healthcare and other essential workers, free of charge. To request PPE donations, frontline workers register their PPE needs on our site. This information has allowed us to amass the most comprehensive nongovernmental database of PPE shortages in the United States.
As a PPE Donor Project Lead volunteer, you will play a critical role in ensuring we have all the information necessary to match donated PPE with the facilities that need it the most.
In a typical week, you might...
- Manage, collaborate with, and delegate tasks to a team of callers to:
- Obtain all relevant information about donated PPE, including donor preferences for where / to what types of facilities PPE is donated
- Contact potential recipients to assess their current PPE needs and capacity to receive shipments
- Follow-up with donors and recipients to ensure PPE is donated and tracked in our database
- Collaborate with the following teams:
- Algorithm Team to retrieve a list of potential recipient facilities
- Health Equity & Healthcare Outreach Teams to ensure matching decisions center equity and ensure PPE is going to facilities that need it the most
- Development & Communications Team to share information that can be used to craft success stories about successful donations
- Communicate with the Deputy Director of Operations, Fulfillment about:
- Potential lists of recipients of PPE donations
- Distribution logistics for PPE deliveries
- Any challenges related to obtaining information
To be successful at this role on your first day, you will need:
- Excellent communication skills (via phone, email, virtual conferencing platforms, and instant messaging platforms)
- Excellent organizational skills, especially with large volumes of information and data
- Ability to operate a computer and and applications, such as Google Sheets and Microsoft Word and Excel
- 5-10 hours to commit per week during business hours
Any of the following might help you feel more successful:
- Experience in project management
- Experience managing a team
- Experience in customer relations or client-facing roles
How to Apply
To apply, visit our website and fill out the volunteer application form .
About Get Us PPE, Inc.
Remote, Washington DC, DC 20009, US
We get donated PPE to those who need it most.
Get Us PPE is the largest national organization getting personal protective equipment (PPE such as masks, gloves, and isolation gowns) to frontline workers who need it most. As a nonprofit, we obtain PPE via donations and makers, then deliver it to under-resourced facilities at no cost to them. Fair and equitable distribution is vital to our mission.
Get Us PPE was founded by emergency physicians in late March 2020 in response to urgent PPE shortages. Within days, our team of 200+ volunteers from across the country came together to help. Our website has logged thousands of PPE requests from all 50 states, and we have delivered millions of units of PPE to nursing homes, hospitals, rural healthcare facilities, small clinics, homeless shelters, and indigenous communities.
As our nation’s PPE shortage evolves, we evolve our organization to also provide for schools, those impacted by natural disasters, and others in the midst of the PPE crisis.