NHQ:FD - Training & Development - Onboarding Logistics
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Fundraising Training & Development team (Training Team) and specifically the Onboarding Program Lead. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) opportunity.
The Training Team is an "inward facing agent" working to establish a rich culture of engagement for fundraising leaders, relationship managers and the Fundraising Programs and Operations team.The Onboarding Program provide an interactive and dynamic setting for fundraisers and fundraising people leaders to grow their knowledge and practice their skills. It is made up of quarterly onboarding sessions including a webinar series followed by an 2 ½ day in person training at National Headquarters in Washington, D.C
- Survey onboarding participants at pre-determined intervals and summarize the results.
- Manage the invitation, registration and confirmation of all New Fundraisers and New Leaders to the quarter onboarding sessions. Review pre-work and document receipt.
- Assist with the logistics of the quarterly onboarding for New Leaders and New Fundraisers including moving supplies, setting up the room and providing assistance through the week.
- Support the management of the logistics, execution and delivery of fundraiser trainings - priority will be our two onboarding programs for field and NHQ fundraiser trainings; New Fundraiser Onboarding and New Fundraising Leader Onboarding.
- Develop and manage online course materials so they can be easily accessed in an electronic library for distance learning.
- Required: Ability to volunteer remotely
- Required: Availability during business hours
- Required: Proficient in online programs such as SharePoint, OneDrive, Outlook, Skype for Business and Salesforce.com
- Strong leadership and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work and projects to maximize team performance.
- Strong leadership and project management skills, including the ability to plan, prioritize, and organize work and projects to maximize team performance
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities with strong skills in planning and problem-solving
- Demonstrated tact and diplomacy in dealing with difficult or sensitive staff situations
- Ability to manage multiple projects
- Operational flexibility to meet sudden and unpredictable business needs.
- Opportunity to travel for quarterly in-person onboarding trainings and other trainings
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.