NHQ:IT - Enterprise Web Services - Code4Good Volunteer - Power BI Developer
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Information Technology (IT) team.
The American Red Cross Code4Good Project is a first-of-its-kind volunteer workforce that gives software engineers and engineering leaders an opportunity to support the Red Cross Mission. The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross Mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
This is a remote volunteer-from-home opportunity, with virtual teams collaborating through JIRA, Git, Confluence, Slack, etc.
The Code4Good Volunteer is an enthusiastic team player who wants to support the Red Cross mission by contributing their software engineering talent and practical experience to support internal software development and support efforts.
· Work with end users to plan, design, develop, implement, and enhance business intelligence applications, in Microsoft Power BI
· Build and deploy highly interactive dashboards and reports
· Follow standard operations and procedures
3-5 hours per week
· At least 2 years of professional experience in developing reports and data visualizations in Microsoft Power BI
· At least 2 years in data analysis/analytics experience
· Experience designing effective layouts using themes and report grids
· Able to take requirements and build/deliver finished reports and data visualizations
· Access to phone, computer and reliable internet
· Able to transform data from a variety of corporate data sources and performing required transformations in Power BI query editor
· Experience with relational databases
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.