NHQ:VS - Operation & Planning - Data Organization Special Project Volunteer
American Red Cross - National Headquarters
This position supports the National Headquarters (NHQ) Volunteer Services (VS) team, specifically the Operations & Planning (O&P) unit. This is a remote (volunteer-from-home) opportunity. The Data Organization Special Project volunteer supports with cataloging information related to Volunteer Connection Query Reports and Volunteer Services Process Maps. The goal of this project is to identify and catalogue key report features and enter them into the database. The database will serve as a quick reference guide to help NHQ VS team members identify which reports are available and can provide the information they are looking for. Additionally, this volunteer will support in a similar project to catalogue Volunteer Services process maps. This will include helping to identify key aspects and the owners of each process map.
Query Report Review Project
- Locate reports in the Volunteer Connection Query Tool and identify key features and characteristics of each report.
- Log the features and characteristics of each report into SharePoint database.
- Review the most recent time each report was used and follow up with key NHQ VS team members to determine if the report is still needed or useful. Process Map Review Project
- Review NHQ VS process maps and identify the owner and key features and characteristics of each process map.
- Log the owner, features and characteristics of each process map into SharePoint database
- Review process maps for spelling and grammar.
- Minimum 3 hours per week.
- Must be available at least 1 hour per week during business hours Pacific Time for weekly check in.
- Must be available starting immediately in order to be able to finish the Query Report Review Project by September.
- Experience using SharePoint, required
- Experience with data cataloguing and/or data organization, required
- Experience with report management, running reports and data management, highly preferred
- Experience with project management, process development or process improvement, highly preferred
- Detail oriented, required
- Experience working in a remote environment, required
- Access to laptop or desktop computer with Microsoft Office products, required
- Note: this project cannot be completed on an iPad or Tablet
- Familiarity with Volunteer Connection and Query Tool, preferred
About American Red Cross - National Headquarters
431 18th St NW, Washington, DC 20006, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether it's one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.