Do You Have Grant Writing Experience? Join the Red Cross (Seattle)
American Red Cross / Northwest Region
Assist with research and documentation relating to grants and foundations.
APPLY NOW Locations
Seattle area, Tacoma area
- Research prospective grant-makers, including charitable giving history, Form 990s, and grant guidelines.
- Draft grant proposals, LOIs and additional materials.
- Assist with writing final proposals, impact reports and preparing stewardship materials.
- Help brainstorm creative and strategic ways to connect our mission to a foundation's priorities.
- Compile internal data on service delivery by utilizing RC View to create map of Red Cross impact within a donor’s community.
- Interview local volunteers and clients to capture stories and quotes of mission delivery that can be used in proposals.
- Maintain a database of Red Cross and grantee’s news and PR stories for quotes, specific examples of mission alignment, and to stay up to date on current state of affairs while drafting proposal.
- Compile and archive completed grants per grant management protocol and audit compliance.
- Create and maintain grant calendar to track proposal and report deadlines.
- Attend donor visits where appropriate to share mission moment.
- Strong attention to detail and flexibility
- Strong writing skills
- Ability to plan, organize and complete multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to coordinate and organize multiple functions and activities
- Work with extremely tight deadlines
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs is required
- Ability to effectively maintain the security of sensitive and confidential information
- Orientation to American Red Cross
- Computer system and database training
- Grant management training
- On the job training
About American Red Cross / Northwest Region
1900 25th Ave South, Seattle, WA 98114, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
Every single day, the American Red Cross helps people in emergencies. Whether itﾒs one displaced family, thousands of disaster victims, or providing care and comfort to an ill or injured service member or veteran or support to a military family member, our vital work is made possible by people like you. It is through the time and care of ordinary people that we can do extraordinary things.