Fundraising and Development
Spina Bifida Association of Northeastern New York
Join the Spina Bifida Association of Northeastern New York's Development Committee. The Development Committee is responsible for the coordination of fundraising and marketing events and strategies to achieve those goals.
- Assists the furthering of the SBANENY Strategic Plan, by ensuring the availability of funds needed to achieve our mission
- Promotes diversification of funding sources to enable us to provide programs and services, and achieve our goals
- Develop an integrated plan that coordinates the implementation of annual and long term revenue generation goals, in conjunction with current operations and brand
- Develop a multi-year plan to communicate and cultivate relationships with potential donors. The multi-year plan will see to successfully achieve identified goals
- Ensure that the Executive Director is equipped with adequate corporate assets
- Make recommendations to the Executive Director as to the successful deployment of financial, staff and volunteer resources
- Coordinate training and educational opportunities on behalf of the Board of Directors
- Share and coordinate fundraising strategies and events between the various fundraising committees
- Develop an annual Marketing Plan
- Develop and update throughout the year a calendar of fundraising and marketing activities and events
- Report to the Board of Directors
About Spina Bifida Association of Northeastern New York
123 Saratoga Road, Scotia, NY 12302, US
To build a better and brighter future for all those impacted by Spina Bifida.
Spina Bifida Association of Northeastern New York (SBANENY) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization serving individuals and families living with Spina Bifida, which is a birth defect that occurs in the first month of pregnancy when the spinal column does not close or form properly. Those born with Spina Bifida can live with mobility challenges, bladder, bowel, and gastrointestinal disorders, hydrocephalus, anxiety, depression, executive dysfunction, learning disabilities, obesity, and latex allergy. Ultimately, Spina Bifida can affect a person’s ability to walk, learn, socialize, work, and live independently. We envision a world where people living with Spina Bifida thrive in a barrier-free world that offers ready access to an array of effective treatment options and uniformly excellent medical care. Their individual life choices are not impeded by Spina Bifida and all experience rich and personally fulfilling lives.
SBANENY was founded by parents of children living with Spina Bifida in 1993 to support individuals and families in addressing medical and psychosocial needs. SBANENY employs 1 full time staff, multiple interns, and 100+ volunteers officially serving Northeastern New York. As the only affiliate chapter of the National Spina Bifida Association in New York State, we respond to requests for information and support and invite consumers to programming statewide. SBANENY provides information and education, referrals, support, advocacy, systems navigation, and programming for individuals and families living with Spina Bifida.