Target Staff Type Supported/Volunteer
Work Location JAARS Waxhaw
Maintain and repair appliance, mechanical, and HVAC equipment at JAARS.
Join the Facilities team that strives to maintain the offices and housing on center. Maintain and repair appliance, mechanical and HVAC equipment. You will have a chance to work on a variety of projects that all help to make Bible translation possible.
For a full time (40 hrs.) volunteer or a staff person who raises support
- Conduct planned maintenance of equipment in accordance with manufacturers' recommendations
- Inspect and perform routine repairs and adjustments on units such as pumps, generators, compressors, air conditioning units and major appliances
- Diagnose malfunctions of equipment using gauges, meters or other test equipment and use experience and technical manuals to plan repairs
- Check electrical wiring, performing basic rewiring where necessary
- Use hand tools, power tools, gas and electrical welding equipment to perform modifications and repairs
- A deep and growing walk with the Lord Jesus that includes your personal spiritual growth and the ability to support others in their spiritual growth
- Embrace the vision, mission and core values of JAARS
- Two years of experience in general maintenance work
- Adept at figuring out how things work and performing repairs
- Good troubleshooting skills
- Experience in appliance repair desired
7405 Jaars Rd, PO Box 248, WAXHAW, NC 28173, US
JAARS' mission is to make Bible translation and language development possible, especially in the most remote places on earth. We do that by enabling locally appropriate and sustainable solutions in transportation, technology, media and training.
JAARS is a multidisciplinary team of problem-solvers who is committed to the belief and the vision that people’s lives and communities are transformed as they experience God’s Word in their own language.
We are a community of missionaries, volunteers and a few employees who work together to accomplish the Great Commission goal of providing Scripture to every people group on earth in the language they understand best - their native language. We do that by supporting Bible translation and language development partners globally and by working with prayer and financial partners in the United States to help make a range of unique on-the-field solutions possible.
JAARS7405 Jaars RdWaxhaw, NC 28173
October 8, 2021
- Facilities Management
- Home Repair
- Appliance Repair
- People 55+
- Background Check