Head Start Childcare Volunteer
COMMUNITY ACTION FOR IMPROVEMENT INC
*Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, this volunteer opportunity will be virtual for the foreseeable future*
Purpose + Impact : To inspire children to learn and love learning
Activities, tasks, responsibilities : Our volunteers interact with our students in a positive friendly way.
- Read or tell stories , lead songs, rhymes, or games
- Assist in supervising play, art, or other activities
- Assist in developing writing skills, playing computer games, learning to recognize letters, numbers or colors
- Keep classroom orderly, safe and clean
- Ability and desire to work with diverse children and families
- Must be sensitive to barriers that families living in poverty experience
- Must be able to approach, display and communicate with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner
- Must be able to read, write, and communicate English effectively
- Must be able to follow directions and then work independently
PHYSICAL requirements : May be required to lift up to 50-100 pounds to waist level
Time Commitment: Negotiable, we’ll happily work with you.
Benefits: Career Exploration, child development skill development, networking opportunities, personal development, reference letter, resume builder, social interaction
Contact info and Next Step : For more information, please go to the CAFI website at www.cafi-ga.org and consider filling out an application.
There are three headstart locations in Carroll, Coweta, and Heard county. Opportunities will vary based on location.
About COMMUNITY ACTION FOR IMPROVEMENT INC
1380 LAFAYETTE PKWY, LAGRANGE, GA 30241, US
Our mission is to enhance the quality of life of individuals and families by providing services and resources that will facilitate the building of self-esteem and self-sufficiency through the active involvement of the total community
Community Action for Improvement is a Community Action Agency founded in 1966 that provides supportive services to low income families residing in Carroll, Coweta, Heard, Meriwether and Troup Counties. Through personalized case management, energy conservation education, employment readiness programs and youth empowerment services- CAFI provides services at over 5 service center locations throughout the state of Georgia.