Teaching Artist Apprentice
Main Line Art Center
Summer Teaching Artist Apprentice
Apprenticeships are tailored to help students meet goals while building teaching skills and developing their portfolios. During summer camps, apprentices will work with teaching artists to provide guidance to young students, learn about classroom management and curriculum. For those looking to enrich their portfolios, one-on-one time with teaching artist mentors will provide constructive feedback about your body of artwork.
Main Takeaways from Apprenticeship:
- Build confidence working with children
- Gain classroom management experience and learn about curriculum planning with professional, experienced teaching artists
- Work with teaching artist mentor to develop your portfolio
- Build your resume and fulfill your service requirements
All apprenticeships happen during summer camp. Campers ages 5-12 learn fundamentals of painting, drawing, ceramics, printmaking, fiber arts, jewelry and metals. Campers develop skills in collaboration, critical thinking, problem-solving, and self-expression. At the end of each week, campers display their artwork for family and friends.
June 21 - August 27, 2021 | Monday to Friday | 8:45 AM to 3:45 PM | Ten (10) one-week sessions
- Summer Teaching Artist Apprentices is a minimum two-week commitment. You can sign up for multiple weeks, but you do not have to be available for the entire 10 weeks of camp.
- Apprentices must attend mandatory training on Saturday, June 12, 2021, from 10AM - 3PM at the Art Center.
- Apprentices must be available to work the entire day, 8:45 AM-3:45 PM, and for the entire week of the scheduled session.
- Applicants will be contacted for an interview. Individual assistant schedules will be confirmed upon acceptance.
- Apprentices receive a $100 stipend at the completion of each week they serve.
No additional volunteer opportunities at this time.
About Main Line Art Center
746 Panmure Rd., Haverford, PA 19041, US
Art for Everyone: All Ages, Levels, & Abilities. The mission of Main Line Art Center is to inspire and engage people of all ages, abilities, and economic means in visual art through education, exhibitions, and experiences.
Main Line Art Center is our community’s home to discover, create, and experience visual art. Throughout the year, Main Line Art Center presents forward-thinking, contemporary art exhibitions and events that celebrate our community of artists and feature emerging and established artists whose work serves as a source of inspiration and intellectual dialogue.
Main Line Art Center’s educational offerings for all ages, abilities, and economic means span from traditional to contemporary, and are all held to the highest level of excellence. The Center received the Commitment to Cultural Access Award from Art-Reach for our Accessible Art Programs for children and adults with disabilities, now in their 54th year. Additionally, the Center grants over $16,000 in need-based scholarships annually.