Voices for Biodiversity
Voices for Biodiversity (https://voicesforbiodiversity.org) is seeking a volunteer Development Director/Fundraiser. We are building a diverse story-sharing community to save biodiversity. Our focus is on storytelling as a tool to help people from all walks of life share their perspectives and insights on nature conservation. We publish people whose voices usually otherwise would not be heard. Not only does the public learn from our stories, we also use storytelling to bring people together and build community around biodiversity conservation.
This VOLUNTEER Voices for Biodiversity (V4B) position offers an excellent opportunity to make a difference in the conservation world. V4B needs to provide salaries and honorariums to its "staff." The organization, founded in 2009, has garnered numerous awards but has been run by volunteers. We need a seasoned development manager with a firm knowledge of the value of and players in biodiversity conservation, who is able to bring in funding.
- Commit to work in this position for a minimum of 3 years with the goal of raising enough money to create a paid Development Manager position down the road
- Be age 35+ unless the applicant can show an equivalent level of maturity and stability (no flaking out or bailing out on this position, please)
- Have a thorough knowledge and background in nonprofit fundraising for conservation and/or media organizations or a strong development background that would allow them to quickly understand how to fundraise for us
- Have a roster of potential donors who would be interested in the Voices for Biodiversity cause and have the means to donate
- Be able to reach out to businesses that fit our green criteria for sponsorships
- Be familiar with using social media for fundraising
- Be able to commit to fundraising extensively from mid-October thru mid-December each year
This is a virtual opportunity that can be completed anywhere in the UNITED STATES with reliable internet access. You must have a background in conservation, specifically biodiversity and wildlife issues. This position requires a minimum of an average of 40 hours per month, with a lesser workload in slower fundraising months and a very heavy workload from mid-October to mid-December. It is perfect for a retired professional development director with a passion for the combination of media, biodiversity, and empowering people to save biodiversity through storytelling. Please send your resume and an application letter.
About Voices for Biodiversity
PO Box 2160, El Prado, NM 87529, US
Voices for Biodiversity's mission is to create a diverse story-sharing community to save biodiversity.
We find storytellers from around the world, gather their stories about biodiversity, and then amplify their voices by publishing the stories on our website. We also connect our storytellers with each other through our grassroots community, where they can share thoughts, ideas and resources to help save biodiversity. We also provide our storytellers and readers with the opportunity to connect with each other through our Facebook page and Facebook Group as well as our other social media platforms, including Instagram (@voicesforbiodiversity), Twitter (@V4Bio) and LinkedIn. Do you have a story to share about your relationship with nature and other species? Join the Voices for Biodiversity story-sharing community and be heard. Or help expand our community by reading our stories and sharing them with your networks. Want to help emerging storytellers where you live? Volunteer as a Guest Editor and liaise between individuals in your area and the Voices for Biodiversity team.