Fundraising & Grant Manager
Voices for Biodiversity (V4B) (voicesforbiodiversity.org) is a nonprofit conservation media organization. Our team is entirely made up of volunteers. We were founded in 2009 and have won numerous awards.
Voices for Biodiversity builds a diverse story-sharing community to save the world’s biodiversity. We use storytelling to help people from all walks of life share their perspectives and insights on their love of nature and other species. We publish people whose voices generally would not be heard: people of color, women, youth, Indigenous people and more. Our stories hale from Manhattan to Maasai Mara. Our storytelling mentoring and process brings people together from around the globe, building a grassroots community that comes together around biodiversity conservation. After we publish stories, we use social media to connect and share the storytellers and their stories with the general public.
This VOLUNTEER Voices for Biodiversity (V4B) position offers an excellent opportunity to make a difference in the conservation world and to use your development experience in fundraising and branding for our award-winning charity.
- Enthusiasm and passion for Voices for Biodiversity’s mission
- Thrives in an independent virtual work environment and enjoys working with a volunteer team
- Independent and self-motivated with a desire to provide support to advance Voices for Biodiversity’s mission
- Committed to the values of equity, authentic communication, and collaboration
- Sense of humor is a plus!
- Be age 35+ unless the applicant can show an equivalent level of maturity and stability (including financial stability).
- Commit to work in this position for a minimum of 2 years with the goal of raising enough money to create a paid Development Manager position for yourself or for a replacement.
- Commit to fundraising extensively from mid-October thru mid-December each year in order to reach out to public donors.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional fundraising and grant writing experience and 5 years of prospect research experience
- Have a thorough knowledge and background in nonprofit fundraising for conservation and/or media organizations or a strong development background that would allow you to quickly understand how to fundraise for us
- We would prefer someone who has retired from previously had experience working for a conservation nonprofit or a media nonprofit organization.
- Superb writing skills
- Acute attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with databases (including ability to choose and set up an appropriate affordable database for fundraising and grant writing)
- Ability to digest new information quickly and think critically about what information is needed to craft compelling cases for support
- Ability to operate independently
- Ability to think creatively about how to find new sources of support by marketing campaigns in new ways to a variety of funders
- Ability to analyze and synthesize data in a succinct format
- Excellent project management, follow-through, and time management skills
- Adaptability and flexibility in shifting gears to address time sensitive projects
- Public donations
- Direct social media campaigns (via our volunteer social media team)
- Write and manage grants
- Find and manage sponsors
This is a virtual opportunity that can be completed anywhere in the UNITED STATES with reliable internet access. This position requires a minimum of an average of 32 hours per month (one day per week) with a heavier workload during public donation fundraising season of mid-October thru end of December. It is perfect for a retired professional development director with a passion for the combination of media, biodiversity, and empowering people to save biodiversity through storytelling. Please send your resume and an application letter.
About Voices for Biodiversity
PO Box 2160, El Prado, NM 87529, US
Voices for Biodiversity's mission is to create a diverse story-sharing community to save biodiversity.
We find storytellers from around the world, gather their stories about biodiversity, and then amplify their voices by publishing the stories on our website. We also connect our storytellers with each other through our grassroots community, where they can share thoughts, ideas and resources to help save biodiversity. We also provide our storytellers and readers with the opportunity to connect with each other through our Facebook page and Facebook Group as well as our other social media platforms, including Instagram (@voicesforbiodiversity), Twitter (@V4Bio) and LinkedIn. Do you have a story to share about your relationship with nature and other species? Join the Voices for Biodiversity story-sharing community and be heard. Or help expand our community by reading our stories and sharing them with your networks. Want to help emerging storytellers where you live? Volunteer as a Guest Editor and liaise between individuals in your area and the Voices for Biodiversity team.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 15, 2021
- Donor Management
- Grant Writing / Research
- Be willing to commit to a minimum of 2 years. This position requires a minimum of an average of 32 hours per month (one day per week) with a heavier workload during public donation fundraising season of mid-October thru end of December.