Get Us PPE, Inc.
Get Us PPE’s mission is simple: We get donated PPE to those who need it most. We are the largest national nonprofit getting PPE to healthcare and other essential workers, free of charge. This information has allowed us to amass the most comprehensive nongovernmental database of PPE shortages in the United States.
As a volunteer Policy Advisor , you will act as counsel to Get Us PPE’s team of policy volunteers, helping shape federal policy strategy and facilitate outreach. Until recently, Get Us PPE was founded to address the PPE shortage due to a lack of state and federal mobilization, and continues to advocate to resolve supply chain and equity issues around PPE supply and distribution.
While the new federal government has charted a strategy that improves upon the ongoing PPE situation (utilizing the most comprehensive dataset on shortages from Get Us PPE), Get Us PPE would like a seat at the table, to provide counsel on areas of improvement to get the PPE crisis under control -- and critically, prevent future disasters from happening.
The Policy Advisor must be able to commit at least 5 volunteer hours a week, for 3 months at a minimum to brainstorm and provide feedback on Get Us PPE’s policy strategies.
Depending on the Advisor’s availability, responsibilities you might...
- Attend internal meetings to strategize policy-shaping with the Get Us PPE mostly-volunteer policy team.
- Review and analyze data, policy literature, laws and regulations to provide support in informing organizational policy recommendations and help identify opportunities for affecting policy change.
- Write and edit content, including but not limited to: reports, issue briefs, fact sheets, presentations, emails, blogs, webinars, and other materials.
- Help build and support relationships with stakeholders, federal agencies, decision-making bodies, coalitions, working groups and other organizations.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of federal health policy initiatives and advocacy strategies to identify potential issues and opportunities, and provide technical assistance.
Please note that Get Us PPE is a fully virtual workplace, functioning mainly on Slack and Google Docs.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Public Health, Public Administration, Health Services Administration, Public Policy or Health Policy
- Deep knowledge of U.S. health care
- Collegial and team-oriented; willing to pitch in and "wear many hats"
- Provide at least 5 volunteer hours to Get Us PPE a week, with clear communication about availability
How to Apply
To apply, visit our website and fill out the volunteer application form: https://getusppe.org/volunteer/#join
About Get Us PPE, Inc.
Remote, Washington DC, DC 20009, US
We get donated PPE to those who need it most.
Get Us PPE is the largest national organization getting personal protective equipment (PPE such as masks, gloves, and isolation gowns) to frontline workers who need it most. As a nonprofit, we obtain PPE via donations and makers, then deliver it to under-resourced facilities at no cost to them. Fair and equitable distribution is vital to our mission.
Get Us PPE was founded by emergency physicians in late March 2020 in response to urgent PPE shortages. Within days, our team of 200+ volunteers from across the country came together to help. Our website has logged thousands of PPE requests from all 50 states, and we have delivered millions of units of PPE to nursing homes, hospitals, rural healthcare facilities, small clinics, homeless shelters, and indigenous communities.
As our nation’s PPE shortage evolves, we evolve our organization to also provide for schools, those impacted by natural disasters, and others in the midst of the PPE crisis.