RESCUE CITY INC
The Foster Coordinator has the primary responsibility of coordinating the day-to-day operations of Rescue City’s Foster Program. This includes: recruiting, training, scheduling, and communicating with foster volunteers as well as case management of all fosters and foster dogs. The Foster Coordinator's main goal is to provide support for the dogs and people involved in Rescue City's Foster Program.
- Screen, train, supervise, and mentor all volunteers working within the Foster program.
- Match incoming dogs with appropriate foster caregivers.
- Establish and maintain relationships with foster caregivers to know their strengths and challenges to facilitate a successful match.
- Create a climate that attracts, retains, and motivates fosters. Replenish fosters and manage foster relationships.
- Make sure fosters are supported throughout the entire foster process.
- Keep all foster documents (training, handbook, etc) up to date and make sure fosters know who/what to contact in case of emergency.
- Manage dog foster email to coordinate new intakes and foster pickups, and to guide and support fosters. Respond to inquiries and messages about the foster program in a polite and timely manner.
- Manage the private foster Facebook group.
- Identify and maintain short and long-term goals of the Foster program.
- Ensure accurate, timely documentation concerning foster caregiver and dog records.
- Lead foster care information meetings and training for foster care volunteers on a consistent and regular basis.
- Monitor the health and behavior of animals in foster care and report findings to appropriate staff.
- Use the existing foster volunteer force and actively work to develop new contacts and ensure excellent training programs with the goal of increasing the diversity of participants and placement of dogs.
- Assist in marketing animals in need of foster care to foster parents.
- Assist in marketing foster programs to recruit foster caregivers.
- Assist with special projects and perform other duties, as needed.
- Previous experience in a fast paced environment. Experience in a rescue organization or animal shelter is a plus!
- Excellent customer service skills, with the ability to communicate and work effectively with a diverse community of staff/volunteers/fosters during various types of situations.
- Must have excellent verbal and writing skills with the ability to communicate with the public in a consistently positive manner including large groups.
- Possess basic knowledge of dog breeds, characteristics, animals’ health, nutrition, and humane care.
- Ability to work effectively, both independently and in a team environment, in an atmosphere of multiple projects, shifting priorities, and deadline pressures. Ability to be flexible, detail oriented and able to prioritize.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with a customer service orientation. Ability to communicate effectively, courteously, and professionally with a variety of individuals representing the public, board members, volunteers, donors, and employees. Ability to conduct and handle difficult conversations.
- Ability to evaluate problems accurately while displaying sound judgement, under emotional stress, and with limited direct supervision.
- Committed to and enthusiastic about the mission, staff values, programs, and services of Rescue City.
This is currently a volunteer position with the potential of a staff opportunity after a six month review. Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org c , along with a cover letter describing why you're a good fit for the position. Incomplete submissions will not be considered. No phone calls, please.
About RESCUE CITY INC
8700 25th Avenue, BROOKLYN, NY 11214, US
Rescue City is committed to saving the lives of dogs in need from underserved shelters. Our loving dedicated foster network helps us provide temporary, safe homes for these dogs while we find fantastic matches that result in permanent adoption placement. We pride ourselves on offering exceptional education and support throughout the process, ensuring a wonderful experience for both the dog and their human.
Rescue City is a professional, foster based dog rescue based in Brooklyn, New York. We conduct lifesaving rescue transports from open intake shelters that are unable to save a high percentage of animals. Thanks to our efforts, hundreds of dogs are saved every year.
As a registered 501c3 non-profit 1, we mostly rely on tax deductible donations to fund our lifesaving transport operations, veterinary costs, and support of our fosters. Every dog we care for is fully vetted and altered, microchipped, and vaccinated prior to adoption. We are proud that our organization rescues dogs of every breed, size, age, temperament, and medical condition.
Rescue City is tremendously appreciative of our community of loving fosters, dedicated volunteers, generous donors, and devoted adopters who help us do our incredibly important work. Our commitment to our dogs goes beyond the adoption process. Through our exceptional education and ongoing support network, we believe that, together we can positively change the face of dog ownership and empower a community of guardians. #ItTakesACity #RescueCity
Rescue City is a registered NYS 501(c)(3) charitable non-profit organization, and is duly registered with the NYS Department of Agriculture and Markets, Registration #RR128.