Treasurer, Board of Directors (Seattle - Remote)
The World is Fun
The World is Fun is growing, and we are looking for awesome people, just like you, to join our Board of Directors. Our mission is to get people involved in giving back to the Seattle community, and our volunteer board makes this all possible. To apply for this role, or see our other openings, please visit: http://www.theworldisfun.org/ourteam/
Team: Board of Directors
What It Is: A chance to utilize your vision and leadership skills to help TWIF carry out its mission. As a Board Member, you will problem solve and think critically to provide oversight and guidance for the organization.
What You'll Do as Board Member
* Provide executive-level partnership through the ongoing development and implementation of TWIF’s strategic plan.
* Evaluate all programs, initiatives, and ventures for alignment with the mission and long-term goals.
* Support fiscal responsibility by approving the annual budget and monthly financials and advisement on decisions having a financial or legal impact or risk.
* Actively partner in promoting membership growth and position recruitment.
* Provide awesome and inspirational leadership consistent with TWIF’s culture of respect, (non-hierarchical) collaboration, and fun!
* The Treasurer shall have charge of and be responsible for all funds and securities of The World is Fun.
* Provide a financial report at each regular meeting.
* Preparation of financial reports as needed.
* Preparation and submission of the annual IRS 990 filing.
What You'll Have
* Basic accounting principles, with knowledge of nonprofit accounting principles preferred
* QuickBooks knowledge.
* Natural leadership skills and affinity for working closely with others as you help a volunteer organization succeed.
* Imagination to generate solutions for both foreseen and unexpected challenges.
* Brainpower to evaluate programs and projects from a "big picture" perspective, including resourcing, "low-funded" budgeting, cost/benefit assessment, risk mitigation, and mission alignment.
* Experience with charitable or social-focused organizations, and bonus if with grant writing, philanthropy, or nonprofit financial modeling.
* Proficiency with various Google apps (e.g., drive, hangouts, desktop, etc.).
* Ability to learn new software programs.
* Ability to join meetings remotely via personal laptop or PC.
* Ability to use Podio app for messaging or texting for urgent communication purposes.
Compensation: This is a volunteer position. There will be no financial compensation. Our organization is 100% volunteer-run.
Time Commitment: Two monthly meetings and 8-10 flexible hours per month for a minimum of one year.
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter and resume online at https://www.theworldisfun.org/positions
TWIF is an Equal Opportunity Organization.
About The World is Fun
abc, Seattle, WA 11111, US
The World is Fun (TWIF) is dedicated to making volunteering fun & social for Seattle people, businesses & nonprofits by creating, promoting and expanding charitable events.
We’re not your grandparents’ charitable club. We’re a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization here to make volunteering a fun and social experience for Seattle people, businesses, and nonprofits. We seek to banish the ol’ bake sale stereotype and get you excited about giving back to your community by broadening the scope of volunteerism and revamping existing charitable programs. Our mission is to remind you that volunteering is not a chore - it makes the world fun!
TWIF works within Seattle communities to create new opportunities for people to give back in a way that is social and philanthropic. We connect people to volunteer activities that fit each individual’s interests, passions, and busy schedules while introducing them to a new network of friends.