Peer Mentorship Program Evaluator - Volunteer
Girls Are Powerful Organization
Girls Are Powerful is launching its Peer Mentorship Program. The program will encourage girls to discover their power through conversation, exploration, and coaching within a safe environment for sharing and growth. The pilot program will launch in the fall of 2021 as a phased approach starting with girls in grades 3-5th.
The Program Evaluator will lead the design and implementation of program evaluation activities related to the Peer Mentorship Program. This role will coordinate, plan and oversee data collection from program volunteers and participants. The Program Evaluator will then be responsible for translating data into reports and providing recommendations to improve the program based on data insights.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per month; Year Commitment
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Designing and developing data collection and program evaluation tools.
- Drafting written reports and presentations related to evaluation process and findings.
- Identifying program improvement and working closely with the program team to suggest changes based on the information that is collected.
- Performing other duties that may arise from the mentoring program that are necessary for program success
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
It is expected that the candidate for this position has all or most of the following:
- Program evaluation experience in the non-profit or social services sector
- Knowledgeable about methods of data collection and analysis
- Strong ability to understand the context of a program and how it affects program planning, implementation, outcomes, and evaluation
- Strong observational, analytical and critical thinking skills
- Strong communication skills to be able to provide clear and concise reports
- Ability to work digitally; access to personal laptop/phone
- Capacity to work independently
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
In addition, all candidates should possess a desire and a commitment to empower and encourage the lives of the next generation of girls. Provide leadership, vision, and direction to Girls Are Powerful to ensure the organization meets the needs of the participants, volunteers and the community with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of women and girls in our community.Availability:
If you are interested in this position, please forward your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
About Girls Are Powerful Organization
P.O. Box 280462, St. Paul, MN 55128, US
To build and enhance the self esteem of girls and young women by inspiring them to recognize and embrace their natural qualities of beauty, uniqueness, confidence, intellect and determination.
Girls Are Powerful is a 501c3 non-profit organization with a social mission to empower girls to foster strength of character, change the way they view and feel about themselves and embrace their unique individuality. Through our key initiatives we work to carry out our vision to "support and create a generation of girls and young women who are confident, maintain positive relationships, make positive decisions and exhibit responsible behaviors by embracing their power."