Peer Mentorship Program Community Outreach Coordinator - Volunteer
Girls Are Powerful Organization
Girls Are Powerful is launching its Peer Mentorship Program. The program will encourage girls to discover their power through conversation, exploration, and coaching within a safe environment for sharing and growth. The pilot program will launch in the fall of 2021 as a phased approach starting with girls in grades 3rd-5th.
The Community Outreach Coordinator will create and implement the community outreach and marketing plan for GRP’s Peer Mentorship Program. This role will use existing channels and relationships as well as seek and suggest new means to recruit volunteers and participants for the program.
Time Commitment: 5-10 hours per month, Year Commitment
Location: Twin Cities, MN
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Creating and implementing overall outreach plan
- Research and identify appropriate partnerships that will lead to long term sustainable relationships
- Creating and maintaining a calendar of outreach channels and activities, including community groups and events, social media and other communication opportunities
- Directing the creation of marketing materials needed to promote program and overseeing the dispersal of these marketing materials
- Maintaining relationships with collaborative partners and cultivate new ones
- Performing other duties that may arise from the mentoring program that are necessary for program success
Preferred Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
It is expected that the candidate for this position has all or most of the following:
- Experience in community outreach, development, or communications for non-profit or similar role
- Strong knowledge of social media and other basic marketing platforms
- Ability to work digitally; access to personal laptop/phone
- Excellent written, presentation, interpersonal and communication skills
- Capacity to work independently
- Strong collaboration skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent meeting facilitation skills, including the ability to effectively present information to a wide variety of audiences.
- Ability to prepare and present oral and written reports on outreach activities, to track and assess progress and address program deficiencies as they occur.
In addition, all candidates should possess a desire and a commitment to empower and encourage the lives of the next generation of girls. Provide leadership, vision, and direction to Girls Are Powerful to ensure the organization meets the needs of the participants, volunteers and the community with an emphasis on diversity and inclusion. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility and a passion for improving the lives of women and girls in our community.Availability:
If you are interested in this position, please forward your letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
About Girls Are Powerful Organization
P.O. Box 280462, St. Paul, MN 55128, US
To build and enhance the self esteem of girls and young women by inspiring them to recognize and embrace their natural qualities of beauty, uniqueness, confidence, intellect and determination.
Girls Are Powerful is a 501c3 non-profit organization with a social mission to empower girls to foster strength of character, change the way they view and feel about themselves and embrace their unique individuality. Through our key initiatives we work to carry out our vision to "support and create a generation of girls and young women who are confident, maintain positive relationships, make positive decisions and exhibit responsible behaviors by embracing their power."