Invasive Species (Caesar Weed) Removal at Moccasin Lake
City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
REGISTRATION ON EXTERNAL SITE REQUIRED: https://www.givepulse.com/event/227593-Invasive-Species-Caesar-Weed-Removal-at-Moccasin-Lake?referring_group_id=449290
Love our native plants and habitats? Join us as we remove invasive Caesar Weed from Moccasin Lake Nature Park . Invasive species take over native habitats and create monocultures that do not promote or support native plants and animals.
Because of COVID-19 safety protocols, please bring your own work gloves, a mask, water, a light snack, wear some work boots, and some clothes you don't mind getting dirty.
The capacity on this event is limited to ensure social distancing. Masks are required when physical distancing cannot be maintained. We will have sanitizer on site, and all supplies will be sanitized before and after the event.
We will see you there!
About City of Clearwater, Parks and Recreation
Municipal Services Building, 100 S. Myrtle Avenue, Clearwater, FL 33756, US
The City of Clearwater, Parks & Recreation Department relies on the generosity of its volunteers. With their help, we are able to provide our community with meaningful community programs and events, and beautiful landscapes to work, play, and live in. We welcome you to join our team by becoming a volunteer!
The Parks and Recreation Volunteer Program is committed to:
- Offering you a positive and worthwhile experience.
- Offering a wide variety of opportunities and flexible schedules for all volunteers.
- Offering local students a variety of opportunities to earn education service hours and complete projects, such as Bright Futures and Eagle Badges.
- Completing a local law enforcement background check and Florida Sexual Offender check on all registered, long-term volunteers or anyone working with children.
- Insuring the safety of all volunteers, staff and citizens who interact with us.
- Acknowledging the efforts and time of all volunteers through various means of appreciation.
- Accepting students, adults, individuals, groups, businesses and other community organizations that wish to give their time and talents to improve the City of Clearwater and it’s Parks and Recreation services, facilities and programs.
- Treating all volunteers equally regardless of age, sex, color, race, national origin, religious preference, political beliefs, or disabilities that do not prohibit performance of volunteer.