Volunteers for Vallejo Vaccination Site
La Clinica de La Raza
-Collect Checklist and Registration Form from patient
-Verify patient is eligible for vaccination according to registration form.
-For anyone with positive allergy hx, remind them they will be observed for 30 mins and let the greeter/Observer know about it
-Complete Moderna vaccination card with patient's name and date of injection, as well as date of next injection
-During down time, pre-fill lot number and date on Vaccination Cards
-Remind patient they may have side effects-fever, tiredness, chills, joint pain, pain/swelling at injection site, maybe vomiting. These are just a sign of your immune system doing its job and starting to protect you against COVID.
-Give patient completed vaccine card, remind to keep until next appt, take a photo on phone if possible
-Send patient to waiting area and remind them to check in with waiting area staff
-Communicate and coordinate with supervisor to open vials on an as-needed basis
-Must have valid clinical license and be able to pass background check
-Be able to commit to at least one half day clinic (AM or PM) Monday-Friday a week
-Vaccinations Sites are outside
-Bilingual in another language helpful but not necessary
-Onsite instruction/training provided as well as virtual training
Greeter Job Duties
The greeters will be working with all aspects of our outdoor Covid vaccine tents. Volunteers may work at either the Covid Testing tent OR the Covid Vaccine Tent (same location).
- Assist with set-up of front desk table
- Collect each of the required forms and review for completion:
- Registration in English and Spanish, CDC questionnaire (double sided)
- CDC fact sheet with additional explanation
- Media release in English and Spanish
- Verify the staffing vaccination appointment schedule.
- Verify patient schedule and labels for patients coming for appointments
- If applicable, refer to laptop set up with patient schedule for last minute additions
- Support patients needing help to fill out forms
- If line is backed up, expedite process by taking clipboards and forms to patients in line and asking them to complete them and return to line when completed
- Ask patient to sign photo consent form if comfortable (low priority if busy!)
- Direct patient to which vaccination station to go
- Clean and sanitize pens, clipboards and tables periodically
- Greeter may also serve to help monitor patients for reactions post vaccine administration
- Greeters who are bilingual in another language (Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, etc) are highly desired
- Ability to work with patients with limited English fluency and/or low literacy
- Customer service and friendly disposition
- Ability to multitask
- This position is outside (under tents)
- Please be able to commit to at least one 4 hour clinic a week
- Appropriate PPE will be provided
10:30 AM to 03:45 PM
NONE OF THESE TIMES WORK FOR ME, BUT I CAN STILL HELP
About La Clinica de La Raza
1450 Fruitvale Ave, Oakland, CA 94601, US
The mission of La Clínica is to improve the quality of life of the diverse communities we serve by providing culturally appropriate, high quality, and accessible health care for all.
La Clinica de La Raza is a community based health care organization dedicated to supporting everyone in our diverse community. We currently serve the communities of Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano counties with 26 clinics offering a range of services from medical and dental to mental health.