Retired with lots of tech skills? Interested in supporting literacy efforts? One of RSVP’s partner agencies in Camarillo is looking for someone to maintain and update their website.
The volunteer Website Manager typically puts in 12-15 hours a month, which includes attending monthly board meetings (currently via Zoom). To succeed you will need excellent interpersonal and communication skills, since you will collaborate with the Board of Directors, committee members and the Bookstore Supervisor. Must be willing to commit a minimum of 2 years.
Below is a list of responsibilities and skills required for this position:
- Maintain and update the Wix website
- Answer or forward form and email submissions received through the website
- Assist FOCL volunteers with computer hardware and software questions and technical problems
- Attend monthly Board meetings and report on relevant tasks and progress
- Provide support for FOCL projects, campaigns, activities and community outreach events
- Work closely with the Website Assistant, including training and delegating
- Knowledge of front-end web design, usability principles and the Wix interface
- General knowledge of graphic design
- Well-versed in Microsoft Office
- Experience in computer hardware and software troubleshooting and technical support
- Able to manage a diverse and changing workload with competing priorities
- Able to work with minimal supervision, being a proactive self-starter
- Interpersonal skills that allow for working encouragingly and patiently with others
- Advocate, encourage and support the use of the website and its online services
Must live in the greater Camarillo area (Camarillo, Somis, or Santa Rosa Valley).
About Oxnard RSVP
350 No. C St., Oxnard, CA 93030, US
Oxnard RSVP's mission is to enrich the lives of people age 55 and over by building a bridge to meaningful volunteer opportunities that use their time and talent in significant service to the community.
RSVP helps answer unmet community needs by matching mature volunteers (ages 55+) with non-profit and public agencies. All work is voluntary and based on the individual's desire to serve.