43 people are interested
ORGANIZATION: WEBSTER GROVES HISTORICAL SOCIETY
Please visit the new page to apply.
43 people are interested
The Webster Groves Historical Society is seeking an Assistant/Research Assistant for our Historical Archives.
- Responsible for cataloging, preserving, documenting, and organizing the valuable collections of historical information that have been donated or collected.
Key duties of the job include:
- evaluating, selecting, retrieving, and arranging materials
- answering inquiries
- making the archives accessible to a wide range of users by digitizing the archive contents.
We are seeking people who are:
- methodical and logical
- organized, with excellent administrative skills
- highly IT-literate
- able to work in a team
- friendly and able to relate well to a wide range of users
- excellent verbal communicators
- able to carry out independent research
- forward-thinking, with an ability to anticipate and prepare for changing uses of archived information
About WEBSTER GROVES HISTORICAL SOCIETY
1155 S ROCK HILL RD, WEBSTER GRVS, MO 63119, US
The purpose of the Webster Groves Historical Society is to promote, preserve, and enhance the historical heritage of the Webster Groves, Missouri area, including the management, operation, and preservation of the Christopher and Mary Ann Hawken House and the Hawken Place facilities.
The Hawken House was the home of Christopher and Mary Ann Hawken. It was built in 1867 and owned by the Hawken family until 1912. Several other families later called this house their home until it was purchased by the Webster Groves Historical Society and moved to its current location in 1970. Graciously furnished to reflect a post-Civil War home of a gentleman farmer, the Hawken House Museum preserves the artifacts and the stories of the Hawken family’s era. Today, the beautifully restored Hawken House with its elegant period furnishings is open to the public for tours, and our extensive Archive devoted to local history is maintained just a few feet away in the 30-year old History Barn that also houses the Hearth Room, a community event venue with seating for 120.
We are seeking volunteers to assist us with programming, events, tours, archive management, landscaping, Architectural Preservation, historical research, collections management, and general office assistance.
1155 South Rock HIll RoadWebster GrovesSaint Louis, MO 63119
January 17, 2024
- Library Sciences
- Data Entry
- Community Outreach
- People 55+
- Must be at least 18
- Orientation or Training
- By arrangement with the Research Manager, must be able to work in person at the Research Center in Webster Groves. Usually 2-4 hours per week.
- Must be able to work without supervision, and with a great amount of detail.