Volunteer will visit patients in homes and care facilities throughout Maricopa County.
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The Patient/Family Support Volunteer provides care and support services to the patient and/or family members according to her/his experience and training and in compliance with organization policies.
1. Must be a mature individual, supportive of the hospice concept, comfortable with his/her own spirituality and willing to serve others in a volunteer capacity.
2. Able to respect confidentiality at all times.
3. Able to maintain appropriate personal and professional boundaries.
4. Previous volunteer experience may be helpful.
5. Ability to work within the interdisciplinary group.
1. Under the guidance of the Volunteer Coordinator, serves as an integral member of the interdisciplinary group amid various settings: home; via telephone or video conference call; in-person visit at mutually agreed upon location.
2. Serves as substitute family/caregiver in the home performing activities that the volunteer has been prepared for and has agreed to perform. The volunteer may provide companionship and conversation, read to the patient, do homemaker chores, run errands, and/or provide respite care.
3. Documents patient services and visits as educated and instructed, maintaining confidentiality.
4. Meets all health requirements set by the organization.
5. Provides availability on a regular basis and/or in keeping with the family/caregiver needs.
6. Participates in volunteer support groups and/or educational in-services.
7. Maintains open communication and reports regularly to the Volunteer Coordinator
8. Assignment of other duties (as needed) directed by the Volunteer Coordinator.
9. Participates in quality assessment performance improvement teams and activities, if needed.
10. Participates in interdisciplinary group meetings, as appropriate.
1. Completion of all HOW Volunteer onboarding requirements and volunteer.
21410 N. 19th Avenue.,, Ste 100, Phoenix, AZ 85027, US
Hospice of the West is committed to serving the unique needs of those with life limiting illnesses as well as providing ongoing support to their families and loved ones through our belief in hospice and palliative care with compassion. We are committed to fulfilling this mission through the collaboration of a dedicated comprehensive team approach that will ensure excellence in our delivery of end of life care, while maintaining financial stewardship and accountability. Hospice of the West is privileged to provide continuing support and education to the caregivers and professionals in the community where we serve our patients.
Would you like to give the gift of helping someone with a life-limiting illness live their life to the fullest? We warmly invite you serve as a volunteer with us at Hospice of the West. Please join our hospice family in providing comfort and companionship by sharing your time and talents with our special hospice patients.
Your hospice family is here to guide, encourage and cheer you on in this rewarding journey. The Hospice of the West family appreciates your decision to offer your time and talents to our patients and their families. We are honored to work side by side with you in such a special area of end-of-life care.
WHAT DOES A VOLUNTEER DO? There are many different types of volunteers and many ways to get involved. Below is a list of volunteer types:
Companionship or meaningful presence Reflective listening Light housekeeping Light meal preparation Dog walking Life review/conversation Reading/card writing Music therapy Caregiver support Caregiver respite Arts and crafts Play therapy (games) Pet therapy Administrative (clerical tasks, office errands, organization of events) Interpreter service (including sign language) Minor home repairs
Contact the Volunteer Coordinators at Volunteer.Coordinators@hospicewestaz.com
Health & Medicine
Veterans & Military Families
Thu Apr 01, 2021 - Wed Jun 30, 2021
21410 N. 19th Ave., St. 100Phoenix, AZ85027
March 29, 2021
Driver's License Needed
Must be at least 18
Orientation or Training
2-4 hours per week
Five easy steps to becoming a volunteer:
1. Complete an application.
2. Participate in an interview.
3. Provide references.
4. Undergo a background check.
5. Have a physical, drug screen, and TB test.