Volunteering Opportunity: Public Relations Director
SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
About The Role: Safe Place International is looking for a highly motivated, inspiring, and experienced individual to join our team as a Public Relations Director. The position requires creativity, persistence, a knack for storytelling, and the ability to be outcome-focused. We are looking for an inspiring individual who can create an informative, positive, and empowering environment for everybody that interacts with our organization.
- Develop, integrate, and track SPI’s long term communication and marketing strategies
- Ensure SPI’s communication and marketing strategies effectively raise brand awareness and relay organizational priorities to key stakeholders
- Oversee, help create, and ensure the quality of SPI’s day-to-day content such as newsletters, interviews, blogs, social platforms, media opportunities, reports, and any other marketing materials. Reviewing, editing, and making recommendations as necessary
- Ensure all content put out by SPI is engaging, inspiring, and in line with our mission
- Cultivate and maintain strong, meaningful, and lasting relationships with SPI stakeholders
- Identify emerging issues SPI may face and proactively formulate solutions to potential challenges
- Established experience in a PR role, ideally a leadership or management role
- Awareness of women’s rights, LGBTQIA+ issues, and the global refugee community - historically and currently
- High Level of autonomy, self-motivated/self-starter
- Access to computer and stable internet required
- 15-20 hours a week, make your own schedule
- Work alongside highly motivated and dedicated individuals who set out to change the world
- Work from home or anywhere you have wi-fi
- Flexible schedule
About SAFE PLACE INTERNATIONAL
To Be Informed, Mill Valley, CA 94941, US
SafePlace International’s primary mission is to provide food, clothing, shelter, and emotional support in a context of safety and protection for doubly-marginalized communities while creating a larger framework of inclusivity with clear pathways toward individual sustainability and self-actualization.
Safe Place International's primary mission is to support the dignity and self-actualization of the most marginalized members of the global refugee community. We seek to significantly improve the opportunities, individual, and collective life experiences of these community members. We support this mission through direct aid and advocacy initiatives, specifically supporting members of the LGBTQIA+ community, survivors of GBV, and single/pregnant women.