Front Desk Volunteers for Be Concerned
BE CONCERNED INC
Our Front Desk Volunteers are the face of Be Concerned. We are looking for volunteers who would be comfortable engaging with our customers as they visit Be Concerned. The volunteer position is a critical role that enables us to ensure our organization runs smoothly during business hours. We are looking for some consistent volunteer help with customer service, front desk support and administrative responsibilities.
- Answering the phones. This requires answering question about our hours, how to make thrift store donations, the process to sign-up for our pantry programs, scheduling appointments.
- Managing the front door by greeting volunteers and customers and ensuring COVID protocols are followed.
- Registering customers for our services. This entails collecting some paperwork and entering data into our case management portal.
- Helping assemble emergency food requests in the pantry.
The hours are below.
Monday 9-12 and 12-3
Tuesday 9-12 and 12-3
Interested candidates can do as many or as few shifts as listed. Our preference would be that volunteers pick a day(s) and time(s) that you can consistently support so we know week to week if we have coverage gaps.
- Must embrace the mission of Be Concerned, Inc.
- Excellent written, interpersonal and verbal communication skills.
- Must be comfortable with basic data entry skills.
- Multi-tasking is sometimes required.
- Displays a positive attitude, shows empathy for people and community, demonstrates presence, self-confidence, common sense and good listening ability.
- Prolonged periods sitting or standing at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times.
This is an unpaid, volunteer position.
COVID protocols are in place.
About BE CONCERNED INC
1100 WEST PIKE STREET, COVINGTON, KY 41011, US
Be Concerned is deeply committed to honoring the dignity and humanity of all persons. Its purpose is to assist low-income people of Northern Kentucky in obtaining basic necessities for life.
Be Concerned is a food pantry that helps low-income families in eight Kentucky counties. We are a choice pantry which means our pantry shoppers have the opportunity to choose the food that they prefer to eat or the items that they will use. Giving them a choice supports our commitment to honoring the dignity and humanity of all persons.