Columbia and surrounding area (Aiken, N. Augusta, Batesburg, etc..)
To provide unpaid volunteer services to the hospice patients and their families.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
- Ability to accept the changing needs of a hospice program
- Sound judgment in regards to issues of death and dying
- Available for training and continuing education
- Interacts tactful, diplomatic, and humanistic manner with patients and families
- Maintains all scheduled visits and adheres to Homestead Hospice policy and procedures
- Office clerical volunteer must be 16 years of age or older
- Completes the hospice volunteer training sessions and in-services.
- Participates in hospice quality improvement programs.
- Submits documentation of volunteer activity in an accurate and timely manner.
- Adheres to all company policies and procedures
- Communicates appropriate clinical information to the Volunteer Coordinator.
- Provides spiritual and emotional support to patients and their families.
- Maintains confidentiality of necessary information.
- Reports all grievances or complaints made by patients or families to the appropriate persons.
- Reports all allegations of patient abuse and/or misappropriation of patient’s property to Volunteer Coordinator.
- Ensures that all services are provided with respect for patient rights.
- Follows standard precautions and infection control procedures.
- Reports all accidents and incidents observed to Volunteer Coordinator.
- Thinks and acts calmly and logically to meet unusual occurrences of the job.
- Communicates effectively with patients and families.
- Must wear name badge
- Offer privacy when necessary
- Provide appropriate touch (on hands)
- Contact Volunteer Coordinator if patient visit changes
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.
About Homestead Hospice
7825 Broad River Road, Suite 100, Irmo, SC 29063, US
Homestead Hospice will be the driving force for continued improvement of hospice care in the communities we serve. We will provide exceptional comfort care to all of our patients and their families during life's most important journey.
Homestead Hospice provides physicial, emotional and spiritual comfort to patients and families. We focus on comfort, symptom management and quality of life.