SAF: Volunteer Recognition And Appreciation Lead - Virtual
American Red Cross - Ohio
* Promote participation in the formal regional recognition programs
* Develop and implement both informal and formal volunteer appreciation & recognition events and programs
* Work with the Volunteer Services Engagement Lead to support volunteer supervisors with ideas, tips, and
reminders for ways to informally and formally recognize volunteers
* Promote a culture that supports volunteerism by reinforcing the importance of volunteer appreciation on a
Time Commitment: Approximately 2 hours per month, working remotely and on-site. The greater commitment of time during the annual recognition time period.
Qualifications: * Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
* Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
* Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
* Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service
* Work well both individually and with others
* Relevant, complementary management and/or technical skills/operational experience
* Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partners as well as board members, senior
management, and other volunteer partners as needed
* Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive
and have a mutually rewarding experience
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!