CS: Volunteer Engagement Lead
American Red Cross - Ohio
* Consults with department managers on position on-boarding planned growth
experiences, and volunteer career development.
* Provides consultation, coaching, and training resources to promote positive
workforce relationships (employees with volunteers, volunteers with volunteers)
and effective ongoing volunteer engagement.
* Follows up with volunteers and department managers to ensure proper placement
and job satisfaction.
* Consults with department managers regarding the leadership potential of
volunteers and supports requesting department managers in developing leadership
and advancement opportunities for volunteers.
* Serves as the point of contact for reassignment or referring volunteers to
other department positions, or if not a fit for the department to Volunteer
* Connects supervisors of volunteers to Volunteer Services HR relations team for
mediation and facilitation of volunteer grievance and performance related
* Leads ongoing discussions with requesting department managers about volunteer
engagement cycle, roles and responsibilities working to identify what’s working
and lessons learned.
* Conducts exit interviews.
* Works with team members to ensure the integration of their work with volunteer
recruitment, referrals and screening, recognition, and Volunteer Connection.
* Enthusiastic about Red Cross mission and programs
* Proven leadership in nonprofit or for-profit organizations
* Cultural sensitivity to diverse audiences
* Knowledge and understanding of Red Cross services and operations and opportunities for volunteer service
* Work well both individually and with others
* Relevant, complementary management and/or technical skills/operational experience
* Relationship building skills working collaboratively with staff partners as well as board members, senior
management, and other volunteer partners as needed
* Understand the value of volunteers and provide leadership and support to ensure volunteers are productive
and have a mutually rewarding experience
About American Red Cross - Ohio
995 E. Broad Street, Columbus, OH 43205, US
The American Red Cross prevents and alleviates human suffering in the face of emergencies by mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors.
We're in local communities every day, helping people prepare for, respond to and recover from emergencies. When emergencies strike, people need help. A fire leaves a family homeless. A heart attack threatens a life. A tornado flattens homes, schools and businesses. A military family needs to be connected. A young child needs a blood transfusion. They need the Red Cross.
How do we empower so many of our neighbors to respond to emergencies? By mobilizing the power of volunteers and the generosity of donors. We can't turn heartbreak into hope without your help!