Board Members, Executives & Directors: WANTED (serious inquiries ONLY, please)
Sodality Respite Inc.
A group opportunity. Invite your friends.
Sodality Respite Incorporated
Member of the Board of Directors
Job Description and Expectations
Purpose: To advise, govern, oversee policy and direction, and assist with the leadership and general promotion of Sodality Respite Inc. so as to support the organization’s mission and needs.
Optional - Mission or purpose statement: We desire to help terminally ill individuals live and die with dignity in a true home environment, surrounded by love, laughter and compassion up through the final stage of life.
* Organizational leadership and advisement
* Organization of the board of directors, officers, and committees
* Formulation and oversight of policies and procedures
* Financial management, including adoption and oversight of the annual budget
* Oversight of program planning and evaluation
* Personnel evaluation and staff development
* Review of organizational and programmatic reports
* Promotion of the organization
* Fundraising and outreach
*Members of the board share these responsibilities while acting in the interest of Sodality Respite, Inc. Each member is expected to make recommendations based on his or her experience and vantage point in the community.
Length of term: Three years, which may be renewed up to a maximum of three consecutive terms, pending approval of the board.
Meetings and time commitment:
* The board of directors meets once a quarter on the second Monday of the month, 7:00 p.m., via Zoom. Meetings typically last 45 minutes. *subject to change with ample notice provided*
* Committees of the board meet an average of four times per year, pending their respective work agenda.
* Board members are asked to attend no more than two special events or meetings per year, as they are determined.
Expectations of board members:
* Attend and participate in meetings on a regular basis, and special events as able.
* Participate on a standing committee of the board, and serve on ad-hoc committees as necessary.
* Be alert to community concerns that can be addressed by Sodality Respite Inc. mission, objectives, and programs.
* Help communicate and promote Sodality Respite Inc. mission and programs to the community.
* Become familiar with Sodality Respite Inc. finances, budget, and financial/resource needs.
* Understand the policies and procedures of Sodality Respite Inc.
* Financially support Sodality Respite Inc. in a manner commensurate with one’s ability.
Required Qualifications: This is an extraordinary opportunity for an individual who is passionate about Sodality Respite, Inc. mission and who has a track record of board leadership. Selected Board Members will have achieved leadership stature in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. His/her accomplishments will allow him/her to attract other well-qualified, high-performing Board Members. Ideal candidates will have the following qualifications: Extensive professional experience with significant executive leadership accomplishments in business, government, philanthropy, or the nonprofit sector. A commitment to and understanding of Sodality Respite Inc. beneficiaries, preferably based on experience. Savvy diplomatic skills and a natural affinity for cultivating relationships and persuading, convening, facilitating, and building consensus among diverse individuals. Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and a passion for improving the lives of Sodality Respite Inc. beneficiaries. Service on Sodality Respite Inc. Board of Directors is without remuneration, except for administrative support, travel, and accommodation costs in relation to Board Members’ duties.
About Sodality Respite Inc.
8309 Cornith Drive, Richmond, VA 23227, US
We desire to help terminally ill individuals live and die with dignity in a true home environment, surrounded by love, laughter and compassion up through the final stage of life.
Our organization was first Incorporated September 2017 for purposes of providing health care to homeless persons in the TriCities area and heart of the City of Richmond, Virginia. Our vision is "a city where homelessness does not exist." Services that will be provided by Sodality Respite Incorporated includes: 1) respite care from acute and chronic disease processes, injury and illnesses, 2) on-site primary care with chronic disease stabilization, 3) medication management, 4) intensive case management services (benefit acquisition, psychological services, employment assistance, etc), 5) short term living accommodations (45-90 days) and 6) 24/7/365 Crisis Management Services. We are driven by our dedicated fight to combat social and economic injustice of health disparities.