DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
Coordinator of Volunteer Newsletter
DONATE TO THIS
9 people are interested
The Volunteer Management Team identifies, interviews and places candidates for positions within Wells Bring Hope (WBH). Our team is also in charge of putting together 1-2 page monthly newsletter that is emailed to our volunteers, our Board of Directors, and some of our donors. The Newsletter Coordinator is responsible for the newsletter but we all work together to come up with ideas.
- Excellent oral and written communication
- Reliable and responsible at responding to e-mails
- Good organizational skills
- Great computer skills (Gmail, Word, Excel, Dropbox)
- Available for about 3-5 hours per month on average
- Also useful but not required - Canva, Adobe Suite, other graphic design programs
Responsibilities of Newsletter Coordinator:
- Learn and stay up to date about the goals, needs and development model of Wells Bring Hope
- Attend virtual team meetings (usually 1x/month for 30 minutes)
- Based on conversations in the team meetings and emails with our Administrative Assistant, decide on content for the next newsletter
- Write or coordinate others (usually the President, Director of Operations, or other Team Members) to write short articles
- Create a draft of the newsletter and send a test email to the Director of Operations or other Team Members
- Based on feedback, edit newsletter as necessary
- Schedule for distribution to appropriate recipients during the first two weeks of the month
Who are we?
Wells Bring Hope drills wells to bring safe water to rural villages in Niger, West Africa, the poorest country in the world. We are committed to saving lives with safe water and providing sustainable solutions to transform lives for generations to come. The burden of finding water falls upon women and girls who walk miles every day to find water. It means that girls are unable to attend school and women have no time to work and earn money for their families.
We are an all-volunteer organization, with just one paid employee, and so we place a very high value on those who want to work with us. The work of our volunteers is more than just "a drop in the bucket." It is the lifeblood of our organization. Volunteers bring their passion and dedication to our team and for that, we are very fortunate.
For more information, please go to our at www.wellsbringhope.org or visit us on Facebook or contact email@example.com
About Wells Bring Hope
16563 Park Lane Circle, Los Angeles, CA 90049, US
Wells Bring Hope is a non-profit committed to drilling wells to bring safe water and sanitation to rural villages in Niger, West Africa, the poorest country in the world. Our Mission: Saving lives with safe water.
Wells Bring Hope is a non-profit committed to drilling wells to bring safe water to rural villages in Niger, West Africa. Niger is a place where contaminated water kills innocent victims, most often infants and young children.
One out of seven children will die before the age of 5
40% have trachoma, which leads to blindness when untreated
85% of women cannot read or write
There is more to this sad story. The burden of getting water falls upon women and girls, who walk 4-6 back-breaking miles every day of their lives to find water. The result? Girls don't go to school--they must help their mothers with this difficult task. Women have no time to work to earn money to improve their quality of life.
When a well is drilled, 250-300 ft. into the ground, lives are transformed instantly. They have hope for their future.
Water-borne diseases are virtually eliminated
Child mortality drops by 70+%.
Education becomes a reality for girls.
Women are given micro-financing tools and education, which enables them to start small businesses and help provide for their families.
Founded in March 2008, Wells Bring Hope is an all volunteer, grass-roots organization. To see how many wells we've drilled and how many lives we've transformed, go to www.wellsbringhope.org/
While we have specific opportunities listed here, we are flexible and open to new ideas.
This is a Virtual Opportunity with no fixed address.
November 24, 2021
- Customer Service
- CSR / Volunteer Coordination
- People Skills
- Relationship Building
- Verbal / Written Communication
- About 3-5 hours per month
- For this position, we highly prefer candidates who reside in the US time zones due to ease of communication.