2021-2022 Development Internship for Special Events and Individual Philanthropy
Venice Family Clinic
We are looking for enthusiastic and dedicated interns to join our Development team to assist in the
production of Venice Family Clinic’s virtual events and to research prospective donors. Our Development
team at the Clinic raises over $10M each year to provide access to comprehensive and quality health
care to nearly 28,000 low-income men, women, and children. Be part of a passionate team that helps our
Interns will help support our annual fundraising campaigns, donor data research and management, and
general admin and operational duties. Individuals with an interest in art, community relations, event
production, fundraising, and marketing are encouraged to apply.
Salary and Schedule
This is an unpaid internship, but you may be eligible to earn college credit for your service hours.
Internship start dates are flexible. Applicants must be able to dedicate a minimum of 8 hours a week to
assigned projects and be able to meet with their direct supervisor once a week online. There may be
times in which interns may be asked to fulfill additional hours during the week leading up to events or to
complete project deadlines.
For the safety of our interns, staff members and patients, this internship will be remote. The position may
transition onsite with the lifting of stay-at-home or shelter-in-place orders and public health
recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention.
* Correspond via email with external/internal stakeholders and donors
* Ensure accurate maintenance of records and donor information
* Research donors in data base, prospect donors for major gifts, and donors for in-kind donations
* Solicit in-kind donations
* Support local stewardship and development/distribution of event marketing materials
* Provide general administrative support
Applicants Should Meet the Following Qualifications
* Deadline and solution oriented
* Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion
* Effective communication and presentation skills
* Ability to interact professionally with donors and team members
* Detail-oriented with outstanding organizational and project management skills
* Knowledge of Microsoft Programs (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.) and Google Drive
* Familiarity with Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) a plus but not mandatory
* Familiarity with Salesforce a plus but not mandatory
Send a resume and cover letter (including proposed start/end date and number of hours you can dedicate
to work on projects per week) to Volunteer Services Manager Stephanie Barreiro, SBarreiro@mednet.ucla.edu
About Venice Family Clinic
2509 Pico Blvd, VENICE, CA 90291, US
To improve the health of people and communities through accessible, quality care.
We are currently in need of volunteers who are available to assist with VFC's Venice Art Walk & Auctions event, which is coming up on May 18th! The Venice Art Walk is our largest community fundraiser, raising over $700,000 in critical funds, and has helped catalyze Venice's legendary arts scene. We need over 400 volunteers to make this event a success! Volunteer roles include everything from pre-event assistance to helping out with the Community Celebration, selling merchandise, supporting the Silent Auction, and much, much more!