Donor Development Internship
Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles
Uhuru Furniture and Collectibles is a 501 (c)(3) non profit that strives to bring economic independence to the black community.
We are looking for an intelligent, strategic, and resourceful intern to help the organization expand its donor development outreach efforts. Responsibilities
- Updating the donor profile database
- Developing letters, fact sheets, and other informational materials for potential donors
- Drafting communications such as new donor mailings, appeals, and thank you letters
- Excellent oral and written communication skills,
- Exceptional interpersonal skills
- Excellent research skills, writing and organizational skills
- Proficiency in word and excel or similar software
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively multi-task
The successful intern will gain real-world experience designing and implementing a donor appreciation program that includes long term stewardship as well as short term objectives. This experience would be valuable to any company who has direct donors whether in the non profit or private sectors.
About Uhuru Furniture & Collectibles
3742 Grand Avenue, Oakland, CA 94610, US
The African People's Education and Defense Fund strives to develop and institutionalize programs to defend the human and civil rights of the African community and to address the grave disparities in education, health, healthcare and economic development of the African community.
Uhuru Furniture and Collectibles is a non-profit store that is a fundraiser for black community empowerment programs of APEDF. We receive a truck load of donated furniture and household items every day. This is a lively, popular Grand Lake area store staffed mostly by volunteers. When you volunteer at Uhuru Furniture, you not only contribute to the success of the store, you become part of a larger movement for peace through social justice. People shop at Uhuru Furniture for low priced, top quality items and to support crucial programs for social justice for African people.